Public beta test discussion thread

Started by Alder Ogham, April 16, 2009, 12:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kodan

Running Vista Home Premium 32bit. It works perfectly.

There's just one problem, when I try to use Razor to connect it just stops dead on Verifying Account.

GM Feenix

Make sure you get the old version of Razor  I currently use it.  Also make sure you have Load Client set to No Crypt Client 2d.exe and  that it is also set to the data directory where your UO is based  for example  mine is  C:\SylvanHeart

It's not who's at the top that matters. Only the path you chose to get there.

Kodan

Oh right. I forgot about that. Heh.

What version is needed?

GM Feenix

It's not who's at the top that matters. Only the path you chose to get there.

Kodan

Thanks goes to Feenix for posting the version needed for Razor.
I would also like to post some new info.

If you play SH, and another server which uses a different (Newer) client version, which means a newer version of razor, keep in mind that installing Razor 1.0.0 (Needed for SH) on top of a newer version of Razor, will break the new version of Razor.

However! If you first install Razor 1.0.0, and THEN install the new version of Razor, both will continue to work, and you will be able to play on that server as well.

Beryl

Nice! I think I have Razor working (had a bit of free time this morning to work on the issue hehe).

I had previously downloaded the "old" version but just not "old" enough. :)
It was on fire when I got here

Kodan

Yeah. You need 1.0.0.

Razor 1.0.11 is the newest version, which will not work with SH's beta client.

Serenity

Alrighty everyone, I got a new laptop with Windows vista, so I went to the beta testing thread, downloaded the torrent, file installed it etc.. SO whe nI click on the ICON on my desktop all I see it a gray screen and I have to use task manager to cancel it. At this point in time I have no idea what to do. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I can still log on to UO through my other tower computer but since I have the laptop wanted to get it working on here too.

Thanks!!!

Kodan

Just leave it. Windows Vista is VERY picky with large files.

It can take anywhere from 1 to 5 minutes to open a really big file (Such as this installer file)
It pretty much takes its time and goes over every tiny little minute detail of the file before opening.

Serenity

This is my first experience with Vista. I have heard so many horrow stories but I love my laptop. IT is not very old.

I have just double clicked the UO icon and waiting for it to see if I get a log in screen. I have never seen it take so long to load but I do not think I have ever opened such a large file before now.

I take that back. My sons plays World of Warcraft and I have it installed on this comp but this never happens when he logs on to play. It always goes right through. I am still sitting at a gray screen. I would not assume it would take this long to load.

Ok 13 minutes and still nothing but a gray screen......

Cadbury

I've got the torrent file working fine, plus the old version of Razor 1.0.0 running on windows XP, but Razor will not work. Any ideas?