WEIRD things going on

Started by Skynar, May 03, 2009, 08:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skynar

Ever since the server change i have noticed the Bag that opens itself when you reenter dungeons... etc

But today  I couldn't open my Inventory without logging out and in
I was having issues with Building mode  trying to delete stuff.  it just wouldn't work  almost like some things would and others would not. very weird stuff

Note:  I have Never ever ever ever  had issues with my client  so do not go there.  This is something weird on the server side going on.

Quezecoatl

Question was the house you have to plot on have small hills, I have a plot on a very hilly terrain and its hard to build on it because the tile spots get almost moved same as for removing the tiles.

Anagami

Adding to the weird list: lately I've been having to sometimes double-click my bags multiple times to get them to open.
Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue. -- Buddha

Skynar

Na Que,   was already built with no problems , Just weird trying to do more work on it, Sounds similar to Anagami. So its affecting multiple people

Caelan

*Blames the stairs...I told you I hate them!*

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Cpt_Starfox

Some of the bag stuffs sounds like a little bit of plain ole lag to me.... you'd be surprised the things lag can do lol

Quezecoatl

Yeah usually the bag issues are based around lag *mumbles about lag* and we all no recently weve had a bit of lag heh.

Stroem Safai

Ive been haveing probloms with me bags latly too cept a little diffrent random items will fall out of my bag to the ground mainly valorite, and augments for some odd reason hmmmm *thinks there all trying to escape from him*

Alder Ogham

If something falls out of your bag it's usually because you have too many items in the bag, so when you kill something or mine, the item simply drops on the ground... perhaps you're carrying too many things about with you?

There have been problems in the past with items in people's bags that weren't visible even to staff... If you have a bag (including your backpack) which when absolutely empty (be really sure first) shows more than 0 items, page staff and we'll happily replace the bag with a really empty bag.

Tamla Tamara

Agreed, I think that's just lag.  I've had a similar problem, try to open a bag and nothing happens, but then I don't *hear* the bag open either, or when you move stuff, that sound is missing, that's when I know that I need to just wait a little.   It doesn't happen very often, just occasionally.

I've been in to customize also, both houses.  No problems, but no hills either.

As far as the mysterious items in empty bags, I usually just trash it.  However, I have a mysterious invisible something in my moveable crate.  I'll have to page for that.  :D

Kodan

About the bag opening when going into dungeons or something... Are you using Razor?

Because in Razor's Display/Counter tab, there's an option that is always checked.

"Auto Search New Containers"
Whenever you shift locations via recall, or a teleporter for a dungeon/vendor/etc or enter a new facet, Razor does an auto check on all containers in your pack. Which means it reopens all containers. However, this is done in the background. But there are times when it messes up, and it actually performs the action, like reopening a bag.