Ogre Death

Started by Beryl, May 30, 2009, 01:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beryl

Took the portal to Trinsic, BLAMMO, client crash, can only assume there's an ogre camping me there. Can anyone assist? (come kill it so I can log in?).
It was on fire when I got here

Beryl

Managed to log in long enough to see "An Ogre" before I crashed so that's definitely the issue.

Beryl

Managed to get in long enough to hit the moongate and get away, so nevermind :)

Admin Acacia

I take it this is a problem only for those who have Vista?   Was this the  moongate in Magincia, or the public moongate that takes you outside Trinsic?   I'm sure we can alter the ogre spawn around public moongate locations.

Never be less than your dreams.

Beryl

True only for Vista, though I know of 4 other players on the shard who have it (and thus, this problem).

This was the public moongate from Magincia to Trinsic, which places you south of the town.

I appreciate your thoughts about removing the spawn from the moongate, but I wonder how much better it is that I crash 50 feet from the moongate rather than at it. :(

GM Feenix

Im wondering if we can alter the Ogre spawn altogether.....until we can fix it in the script. Just a though...

Its a coalition     Vista users against  the use of OGRES....

It's not who's at the top that matters. Only the path you chose to get there.

Quezecoatl

*rofl* Feenix wher do you get all thoughs images lol

GM Feenix

I made that one too

It's not who's at the top that matters. Only the path you chose to get there.

Kodan

OGRES ARE PEOPLE TOO!! STOP PERSECUTING THEM!!
THEY'RE ONLY TRYING TO LIVE THEIR LIVES!

>_>
<_<

...I should test and see if they crash me as well. O_o

Abbadon

Its not just ogres, but its also DEAD ogres  :o

Last time we went to Dr. Deth, where the dead ogre is - I gated to Zerroff and he continually crashed (he runs a Vista system).

So, we can take care of live ogres by killin em, but what shall we do with the ones that are already dead? Dr. Deth seems to sympathise with us too, but apparently doesn't like to atone or clean up after hes done with experiments...

Admin Acacia

Well, what I'd have to do is get the Staffers, to go around and turn off any ogre spawn.   What about Ogre Lords... do they cause the crashing?

Never be less than your dreams.

Abbadon

Lol not sure, you'd have to get a guinea pig... I mean a Vista user to run around and find out :)

Beryl

I'm now in a crash loop halfway between Britain (on the road going NE from britain) and the swamp.

Must be ogreish there :(

Beryl

And.... now I'm back up. When I got back on this time, I didn't see any ogres, (didn't stay to look around either).

Alder Ogham

Can someone who is testing the new beta client verify that the hotpatched beta client on vista does the same please?