Take a Look, Let Us Know What You Think

Started by Admin Acacia, June 02, 2009, 09:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin Acacia

Never be less than your dreams.

Abbadon

Many thanks to Link (our coder) and Feenix (our inside man) and Deedlit (our banner creator). Please post some feedback

:)

Mystical

Verry Nice work to everyone involved... that will be of much help to alot of people... keep up the good work...

Cpt_Starfox

And Thanks to Abbadon for helping add much of the content to the pages  8)

Deedlit

It's good to see it finally up and running,let's hope everyone will like it :)

I'm sure suggestions will make it even better :)

And glad I had the chance to take a small part in the project,anyway the credit goes to the guys if I may say :)

In game:

In game no more.Goodbye.

Kodan

Hmmm.
It's good looking. However there's one complaint.

Change the background of the text -OR- change the color of the text -OR- increase the size of the text.
In some spots, the text is VERY hard to read. The background draws your eyes away from the text, and onto the background itself. Especially the part where the log over the chasm is, and to the left of that. That is primarily where it needs to change, and is the worst for drawing your eyes away.

Serenity

I like it. It looks really good. Thank you to all who worked on it. You all did an amazing job.

Caly, it is good to hear from you hun. I have missed you. * hugs *

Shadhahvar

the New Web Site is awesome. Thanks for all your hard work guys. And Happy Birthday Acacia.
Unicorns are the most beautiful creature

Mina

hey,  thats not bad. I really like the new player guide too.
  *claps hands*   well done boys. ;D

Tamla Tamara

Wow!  Very nice indeed.  Hats off.

Feenix, where's your shirt?  Don't you know this is a *family* shard? heh

Oh, one small thing.. Challange should be Challenge.

:D

Cpt_Starfox

Ok, seeing as how readability of the site is an issue for some, I've added a new option: a "more/less transparency" link - check it out, and I hope that helps!  :)

Also, "Challenge" is fixed heh  ;)

Crimson

I hope you don't mind some constructive criticism. I have to agree with Kodan, the background of the site is a bit too busy and pulls the reader's eye away from more important information. I'm not saying that the background isn't pleasing to look at, I happen to think that its a very nice image, but the information about the shard should be the main focus. When I went to school for graphic design I was taught that when it comes to web design simpler is better. If you have too much going on on the web site you lose the message that you are trying to send to the people looking at it.

Maybe you could use the image in a small border around the text boxes, or find another place to utilize it within the website. I'd go with a simple green background that compliments the colors already being used throughout the website. Or if you still want to use the image, maybe make the text boxes a solid color rather them as opaque as they are with the image showing through. Just something to bring the text out and give it more attention.

Other than that the layout is great and the fonts used are fine. It's great to see that someone is putting in an effort to getting a website done for our shard. Keep up the good work.
"Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps."
Emo Philips.

GM Feenix

Very nice website.... I think the layout is very well done... Very easy to view especially with the Transparency Button.

I really enjoy the descriptions of each staff member and the few shots we have of whats to offer..

I know that its still under construction would like to see if we can get some music added but thats about it.

Very good effort guys...... Keep up the great work.. ;D

It's not who's at the top that matters. Only the path you chose to get there.

Aesa

Very well done.  I agree about the music, maybe something Celtic would suit the theme well.  Also, I'd like to see some more of our customs there and mention of custom quests and unique Fel mobs.  Like mention widdling and our custom clothing, fish tank, auctions, etc...

In Thane's description event is spelled even.

Abbadon

Hehe, yeah we're going to have to run a thorough spell-check going, since speaking for myself, I'm usually typing stuff up for the site at like 1am, my spelling (maybe Link's as well) likes to go bleh.

Props to Link for the prompt action, I think its very easy to read now with the transparency thing.

Also, we do have a Sylvan Heart promo video in the works which will hopefully depict most of the custom stuff we have here (which is why we decided to keep the Custom Sylvan Pictures a little shorter, lest it turn into a 5 metre long page with screenshots). Got some skara, hedge maze etc. in it along with deco, pets etc.
If anyone wants something particular in the video, just pm me or something and I'll grab my virtual camera :)

Thanks for the feedback and criticism, keep it coming!