New player

Started by Azrael, July 28, 2015, 10:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azrael

Well not quite but I'm looking for a new server.
I have a few questions, wondering what the population is like.
Do people actually rp here?
I like to rp, but I'm also a min maxer. Is 1500 skills only attainable by donating.
How's skill and stat gain?
Depending on population I'll assume I might have to solo boss'. Are the standard samphire the way to go or are there see other builds they are able to do so. (Maybe what are afew of them)

Cypress

We have a good population, but seeing a great many of them on at the same time is another story lol. We have a many adults so their time is split between family, work, and other RL things.

People definitely RP here and we'd love to have even more. As a matter of fact, I bet Dhaune would like another member in her new empire which is one of our newer RP story lines :)

The 1500 skill cap is acquirable via donations or VS.

Skill gain is pretty easy for many skills but there are a few that are just a pain *cough*taming*cough*

Stat gain isn't too bad if you know what you're doing.
1. Hit your skill cap with a bunch of junk skills you won't keep.
2. Set camping to raise along with all other skills (or lock the other skills).
3. Start camping overnight with a macro. Camping won't raise since it doesn't have room to raise, but your stats will still increase! It takes maybe a few nights, but it's not that bad.

Samphire is a basic workable build, but there are many workable builds I've seen and made. I can hardly recommend one over another really. I'd say pick a style and tweak it over time to work best for you!

Azrael

Thank you so much for the reply! Was getting worried with the views and no replies that maybe the server was a ghost town 😛! I ones you and iris about creating an account last night. I should be on tonight and get this ball rolling :)

Cypress

I'm on more during the day in which I check messages and such, and Iris pops on late in the evening. I will likely be gone most evenings this week but may stay on a little later afterward. Other staff pop in and out at random lol. I still hope to see ya in game soon :)

Enjoy!
- Admin Cypress

Cpt_Starfox

Welcome to Sylvan, and I love RP! :D

Alaric McCree

Welcome to our humble home!
Sometimes the dragon wins, that's why there is such a shortage of white knights.

EnigmaMaitreya

Azreal, well seems we are both starting out :)

I am timezone USA Central Standard.  I am quite comfortable with the population I have encountered so far :)  There are some changes here from standard UO but once you encounter them there is nothing that cant be adapted to.

Perhaps the biggest is the Player(?) vendoring system, if you encounter it and are not walked through it, then just make sure you have chivalry or magic recall to get back to the medow(?) for the few that do not have a return teleporter.

Garrick

Send me a message here of vendor tiles that do not have a return tile in place.  Those need to be looked into to rectify the issue