Let's Play!

Started by creampuff, March 19, 2014, 02:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

creampuff

So seeing how we have less players recently, I've been thinking of something that would bring us together as well as bring in new friends!

I would like to do a let's play on the shard. I would record playing sylvan and then upload it to YouTube. A voice chat could be set up so you all could be included (and it's more fun that way). An introductory video would be appropriate for a first vid but after that, we could plan hunts and show off the unique quests and spawn we have.

Thoughts? Any Interest?

Cpt_Starfox

Garrick

I started an introduction series to the shard a while ago.  The footage wasn't good but I did enough audio to compensate.  I will get back to that next week where I left off.  I will say that given the age of the game it is becoming increasingly more difficult to get non corrupted capture footage (that was one of the biggest problems I had).  The video itself can be found here: http://blip.tv/hasmic-productions/sylvan-heart-character-creation-6279579.  I have a better computer now and can try again to get non corrupted footage but that video was after 4 captures of the same thing where only 1 didn't corrupt.

will parrish

That would be awesome. If you can give me a few days ahead notice I can change my work hours and be there. Maybe even use Raidcall to record our voices if Raidcall would do that. AWESOME IDEA!!!!!!!!!!! And put the link on the Forums.

creampuff

I liked your vid Garrick for introducing players! I think you should continue that ;) maybe you can do the intro/help videos and we (whoever shows up) can do hunts and what-not to show off sylvan's special stuff!

I'm trying out Open Broadcaster Software for recording but I might switch to Camstudio if it doesn't cooperate. I'd like to record some test videos with voice chat. Haven't heard of Raidcall so we can try that out. I've mostly used Ventrilo or skype. When is your game time Will? We can just start out planning to go on hunts and what-not.

Garrick

Rei set up a raidcall channel for the shard some time ago. The name is Sylvan Heart but you might need to look it up by ID 5901314.  I have full intentions of doing more video's but that got derailed when my old computer got fried with all my footage and then opening my restaurant made my time severely limited for most other things.  As to raidcall recording audio, it has a built in record function I just have not played with it in regards to if it records only your audio or the groups audio, and how reliable it is

Alaric McCree

This is an excellent idea, if I can be of any help please let me know.
Sometimes the dragon wins, that's why there is such a shortage of white knights.

creampuff

Oh cool ^.^ just got on Raidcall, looks fun! Let's def connect that way to see who's on!

will parrish

Festus and myself use it when we play and it is nice. We can remind each other to heal and things of that nature and its easier than trying to type since Cypress is a chat pker and all. His title is Legendary Chat Pker.

Cypress

Cypress Legendary Chat PKer and the bane of Will and Scath – Muwahahaha!!!!  >: )

Festus

Ohhhh Yes,  Many's the toim whilst fighting off evil tet seems ter be over take'n der land oiv found meh self layen face doon in the mud n blood with the evil laugh of Cypress resound'n off der walls o der dungon.  Yar many's der toim.  Alas he shall pay fer his evil.

creampuff

So we need to do a hunt this week to get this idea rolling! So far, I might be free tomorrow so I'll try and sit in game and in that raidcall chat. Is raidcall able to be Sylvan's go-to voice chat? A lot of others cost something right?

will parrish

Ill be available Friday of this week due to change in work schedule. Might be a zombie on no sleep but Ill be there then. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Festus

raidcall is def the sylvan chat channel
wed. thur. and Friday

creampuff

Bah! I have work Wed and Friday till 3:30 est. Would you guys be able to meet in the evening? Maybe you can take a nap till I'm available? :P