Sylvan site *update 10/02/09*

Started by Abbadon, February 04, 2009, 03:06:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mina

you can always use these pics too,  make a banner from second one  lol...is my shard all time fav pic.. *grins*

Abbadon

Heh those screenies are AWESOME. But not banner material :(

But you can be sure they will be put up in the "community" section where we can have screenies and stuff :P

Abbadon

Been working on it again heh.

The banners still a work-in-progress until I can find some better images for it. Also trying to come up with some sort of bordering. As for the scroll it will be flexible, and will grow longer or shorter depending on the amount of info displayed on that certain page. Im also working on getting bits of info together right now heh. I'm hoping we can even have a "guilds" section on the site where we have lists and guildies can introduce themselves/post up some pics etc. and also have their own section in the forums

Hopefully Link will be able to upload some of this up onto the test site we have so you guys can have a looksies. ;D

Thats all for now folks!

Aesa

Yeah the pictures are fuzzy and I'm not crazy about the font tbh.  I'd rather see a larger more clear font. 

Abbadon

Aesa you're talking about the banner yes? The pictures a bit fuzzy because I had to lower the resolution for imageshack :P

The idea on the people was that it could be anyone lol (thats why I've fuzzed them out)

However, I will work on another revised version based on this feedback. I'll see what other font I can get to make it easier to read.

Anyone have any ideas on picture-wise? I'm blank out of thoughts on this o.O

Any and all feedback is welcome.

Admin Acacia

I like the bunny.   *giggle*   Actually, all of these are very nice.  I think if I were to rank them... the 2nd one in the post would be my fave, then this last one with the people, then 3rd would be the all green one with the butterflies.  We have some of the most creative people who reside in Sylvan.

Never be less than your dreams.

Abbadon

Unfortunately Acacia, the one you like the most is the most unpractical one :( which is why we ditched that attempt. It might look purty but, I don't want to annoy potential players by making them have to click like a million times hehe (because of the turning of the page).

However I will continue to work on it until something solid comes up.

Thank you for the feedback

Skynar

haha I remember those screencaps.  The very first 1... I am the only guy still standing LOL  funny i never died in that LOL
Abba what size ya want the banner? I might try playing around with the idea

Abbadon

Not sure of the exact dimensions, kinda playing with that myself heh - ask link for the exact dimensions :P

Deedlit

Well I don't know if the "banner contest" is still up nor if it's the right size,but here's my idea for a SH banner:

Just something I put together while waiting for the shard to come up again :P
And yeah,I liked the bunny idea too,lol!

In game:

In game no more.Goodbye.

Abbadon

Woo hoo go Nayra! I was looking for someone to help me out with the banner lol.

I like the "here dreams shape the world and hearts join together..." Although the banner will have to be resized hehe (I hope we dont lose any quality over it o.O). Im not too crazy about the S and H in the Sylvan Heart, but I like this banner the most by far!

Currently working on site stuff right now  ;D

Mina

;)  i think it looks great,  agree about re sizing,  and the h on heart too.  but i do like the bunny there...lol

Deedlit

Well I tried to find a "leafy" font but trust me,that was the best I could find to give it some fancyness,since I can't really draw something from scratches lol;as for resizing it's no problem,just tell me how do you want it and i'll work on the psd project,I always kept them for later adjustments when required :P

if I find a better font I'll try and reshape it....and glad you liked it  :D

In game:

In game no more.Goodbye.

Abbadon

Hmm, you could probably crop some off the top and bottom bits of the banner. Length-wise it seems ok to me. I think I was working with something like 750 by 170 (pixels). Also you could probably make the Sylvan Heart text a little smaller and it would still be easy to see (remembering that on a site it would still look pretty big).

Since I dont have the actual file myself, you would have to play around with it a little bit to squish the height down a little bit.

Serenity

I think the banner is absolutely amazing, Nayra. Beautiful!! You did a wonderful job hun.

Missed you by the way * hugs *