Thoughts I felt Led to Share

Started by will parrish, April 12, 2013, 05:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

will parrish

First off let me start by telling all of you what an honor it has been getting to know some of you better than others but you have all been nothing but enjoyful to be around.(No this isn't a good bye speech)
Let me give you all a small history of how I came to Ultima and found my way here.

It all started around August 1998. I had just been involved in a serious car accident and was recovering well. One day while sitting outside on my front porch I met my neighbor. He had lived beside me for a long time but I had never ever spoken to him. He came outside and we began having a conversation about any and everything about life. I'm sure everyone has had that person and that conversation before. Well as we were about to depart he asked me if I liked computers. I told him I had never really been around any but I loved electronics and video games. He invited me inside and there on his screen was Ultima Online. So my addiction began there. He introduced me to MMROPG life and I LOVED IT. Wasn't but a few days and I went out and bought my first computer and hence I was born into a society of online games. So there I was on Lake Superior shard and in the guild KFG(Largest on that shard). This guild was a good group of friends and everyone cared to help each other. So off I was into ths world and I stayed in Lake Superior for about 4 years. After a while I grew weary and needed a break and I also met my wife, which changed the scheme of things as well. So in a nutshell priorities changed and I grew away from something that I called my home for quite a few years.

Then in Jan 2007 I rejoined this once loved game and had a new fire and passion never had before with it. So now I learn of free shards and hence I came to Hybrid. Was the hardest time I have ever had in game. Had no friends no one to pal around with if you will. So here I am venturing around in Hybrid getting PKed and all the other terms you could use. Finally one day I ran into a group near the town of Yew. It was the Yew Militia. And long story even shorter I had found my home. this was a strictly RP group and I have never ever been apart of role playing. I knew what it was but had never done in fully with a character. I LOVED IT!!! Well the Militia was a good group for me and I fell right into place. We moved from shard to shard for awhile. Divinity and Angel Island and back to Hybrid some. Well none the less I lost touch due to they left from playing UO and played Darkfall. NOT MY CUP OF TEA!!!!!

So again I took a break from UO and also my computer took a dump. Then along came the second greatest gift I have ever been blessed with and that was my Daughter. So as any parent knows there goes any free time you thought you had until you learn the ropes of this new found love. As with any new change in life everything changes and you adjust and that is exactly what I did. So now I was able to get adjusted and got a new computer. My first laptop. So i found myself quickly downloading UO again and found myself on the free shard IPY. While there I met back up with the militia and I also met someone that low and behold at the time did I know what become a good friend. Was a bard that went by the name Black Betty. Betty was quiet. Did not bother anyone and always seemed to be hunting like you would not believe.

If you notice in my story I have moved around alot on the free shards. But you know you always seem to follow the ones that make you happy and you enjoy playing with. So again IPY died out or at least the group I was with died out. Then we went to Perilous. Population never really boomed there but there was a close nit group there that enjoyed being together. But as you can probably already guess it was short lived.

Which leads me to where I am to this day and that is on Sylvan Heart. As most of you know I am always seen with Scathach d' Scott. I have enjoyed every minute that I play Sylvan with Scat. Scat has been a good friend and has been there everytime I say, Hey lets try and kills this or lets do that. Which alot of the time leads to death for me. He always seem to prosper and makes me a better person and player.

Sometimes we all need that one person that makes us better. Every morning when I log on I look forward to hearing him say WOOT or call me a Person In Management Position leader. (P.I.M.P)

I guess it is time to put an end to my story of how I got here. But in summary life is short and people are always coming in and out of our life and friends come and go and you make new friends. But the one thing I have learned is that when I am logged in no one seems to judge me and people accept me no matter whet. Even if it means they have to come to some bottom less pit of a dungeon and save me from unheard of perils. But what stands out the most to me is again no one judged me. I am who I am. Kind of funny in a way isn't it. What if the entire world treated each other as we do in game. We accept each other regardless. The world would be an awesome place and we would not have half the worries we do. So in short I have so enjoyed playing with you all and will continues until either the shard shuts down or I move on. Either way you all will have a special place with me and I will always remember you all. Some of you will hold an even better place with me than others but you have all touched me in a special way with your kindness and patientence.

** Friends are the Family We Choose**

Festus

Will Parish my friend.  I feel truely blessed to have met you and have an oportunity to talk to you often.

On a side note. I shall try to lead you to your doom abit less my friend.  LOL

will parrish

It is never doom my friend you lead me to but Adventure is where our paths have always led us. I have also found out something of interest about one of hunting spots I will share with you via raidcall or in game chat. Hopefully our paths will allow us to cross really soon. It seems like it has been forever since we have talked and we will again soon. Take care friend. !!!!!!

Festus

Quote from: will parrish on April 23, 2013, 02:00:11 PM
It is never doom my friend you lead me to but Adventure is where our paths have always led us. I have also found out something of interest about one of hunting spots I will share with you via raidcall or in game chat. Hopefully our paths will allow us to cross really soon. It seems like it has been forever since we have talked and we will again soon. Take care friend. !!!!!!
I got me lung biopsy done today and will be playing on Sylvan tomorrow morning at 5;30 sharp.  wooo hoooo  Driver training done.  Medical schit done and now time for some Sylvan UO>

will parrish

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! I got my hunting buddy back. WOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTT ;D

Cypress

I pray for my Sylvan family often, and I'm glad to hear you made it through all that stuff. Welcome back man!  :)