UO doesn't want me back!

Started by Niima, June 30, 2012, 05:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niima

:D that is how it seems. Have had a number of issues with things but this one is the one that has me stumped. Normally I wouldn't bug and try to figure it out myself but again..stumped! When I try to patch I get --- THIS ---

Obviously I am connected to the internet and my firewall is allowing it to go through!... helps!

Miri

Yeah...  I got the same. I ignored it and carried on with the sylvan patches etc. It seems to have worked well enough :-\

Cypress

Try running it as admin (not just being logged in as admin and running it but actually right click it and do run as admin) maybe even in compatibility mode with Windows XP SP3

Niima

I tried the Admin. No go.  :-[ Tried the compatibility mode with Windows XP SP3. Sadly no go again  :-\

Marlenus

Was this a fresh install of UO? Usually OSI patching problems occur because you've played on free shards or installed patches for free shards. If you installed the sylvan patches before patching up, you'll get this error.

Also, you don't have a firewall installed that might be blocking this, do you?
The shovel does not actually hit the ground or the stone or the cave floor.. nor does the fishing pole hit the water. There is no spoon.. *puts on Matrix sunglasses*

Rei

OK I actually have a solution for this lol.  It's the firewall.  I use zonealarm and it blocked updater from running.  You have to go into your firewall settings and find what programs it allows.  If you see updater in the list you have to manually set it to "allow" and make sure it has permission to make changes.  You'll still have the blank window on top, but the update will run.

Niima

I've actually no clue how I did it but I did it. Firewall was up too so go figure. I'm not going to question it though  ;D Thank you all for your efforts in helping!  :-*

Cypress

Yay! :D Hope to see you in game again soon kitty!

Niima

Been trying to get on tonight but have been fighting like crazy with my laptop. It doesn't seem to want to work. Every time I patch to 5.06 and start the game up it continues to patch (which obviously I don't want). Ugh..

Rei

block the connection in your firewall settings after the patch