install 2 uo clients ?

Started by Queen Karina, May 02, 2008, 12:32:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Karina

does anyone know how to install 2  uo clients   cause i cant play unless i modify the client i needto  keep one client stock and one modded for sh   

Admin Acacia

You are you just talking about maybe the client .exe?   I know I keep an old one of those and a new one in my UO folder and switch them when I go to pay UO or player shards.

Never be less than your dreams.

Queen Karina

what i want to do is install  the game twice cause i want to play on sh    , but with vista i need to copy all the sh patch files directly into  the uo directory so  then that  uo instalation is for sh only  , then i want another installation that is unchanged   , but when i  try to install uo for the second time i get the msg it is already installed do i want to remove it .   i am installing mondains legacy   , perhaps  i can install samurai  and patch that for sylvan    , if that will work anyone know where i can get se  downloaded  from ? 
thanks

Marlenus

Acacia asked that I give you the simplest way to accomplish this goal.

Sooo.. What I do is make a folder inside of my UO folder called "Backup Files". Inside of "Backup Files" I create two more folders. One is called "Original Files" the other is called "<shardname> Files" where <shardname> is the name of the shard who's files they are.

Once I have this set up I make a backup of all of the original UO files that I'll be replacing and put them into the "Original Files" folder. Then I take all of the shard's custom files and put them into the "<shardname> Files" folder.

After you complete this you'll be able to copy SH's files into your UO folder when you want to play SH.. Then you can copy the original files back when you want to play somewhere else. Just make sure that you use the COPY option and not the MOVE option.

Note: If you just drag the files they will MOVE and not copy. I recommend selecting them all and right clicking and selecting copy and then pasting them into the UO folder.
The shovel does not actually hit the ground or the stone or the cave floor.. nor does the fishing pole hit the water. There is no spoon.. *puts on Matrix sunglasses*