RP Shapeshift Forms

Started by Wuffy, December 31, 2007, 03:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wuffy

I noticed that when a player uses a shape shift stone to morph into their roleplaying race, other players' attacks such as energy vortex and area effect weapon hits damage said roleplayers. It must have something to do with the way their name changes to grey when they do it the first time?

I had to stop using momentum strike near Tyaila and the night before I kept getting smacked by Mina's EV and poison field, just figured I'd ask if it's normal.
"Remember folks - roleplay is for fun, do not take it seriously. If one roleplays being an evil warrior, it doesn't mean they are evil as a person." ~Wuffy

Forest Rithik

What Facet (land) where you in? if you are in a land were PvP is enabled you will be effected by other players Area of Effect moves such as Field spells and Hit Phys/etc properties once you turn grey or red. There are some moves that wont do this but not many. I've never had EVs come after me or go after polied nearby other players unless someone had a Hit Phys or radius/ AE move hit them.

You might have also seen one of the flip sides of the Guild Sparring feature ^^ that is if you are in the same guild.

Wuffy

The first time I noticed this was when I was first starting on the shard - Tyaila came along (We both were not in a guild at the time), and she loves to be in panther form while we hunt.. we were in the Newbie Dungeon when I noticed that my momentum blow hit her - and she never attacked me. It also happened at Tokuno, which is why I stopped using it with her near-by.

The second time was when I went to help F*W (Neutral Guild I think, KHL is the same) in Feluccia, but I guess that is self-explanatory.. Fel is the PvP allowed faucet isn't it? It'd make sense then why my area effects hit them, and maybe why Mina's EV attacked me, as well as the poison field.
"Remember folks - roleplay is for fun, do not take it seriously. If one roleplays being an evil warrior, it doesn't mean they are evil as a person." ~Wuffy

Forest Rithik

Many custom zones are PvP enabled (as they are either set in Fel or Tokuno), Yes both Feluccia and Tokuno are PvP facets. I use Momentum strike almost exclusively when fighting groups (but never had it hit a non-red player unless they did something to trigger on me before hand (Deliberately or Accidentally) while hunting in a PvP based area) I can't remember it triggering off an EV of another player either unless I openly triggered on it or had some AoE go off on it.

Probably just a case of PvP facet mechanics and the occasional accidental triggering via War mode miss click healing or Hit x Area.