Should Fel be a free for all zone???

Started by Lamalas Telemnar, December 06, 2008, 10:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lamalas Telemnar

I brought up in our staff meeting that I would like to see Fel the way Fel is supposed to be. What i mean by this is would love to see some RED toons running around fel a bit to make it just a little more interesting. I would like to hear some player input on this. Though i want to see fel an actual pvp zone I would not want to see Griefing or Res Killing. But i would like to see a small party on a fel hunt get surprised by a small party that wants there loot and maybe heads as trophy's. I so loved it on OSI hunting for reds in fel was awesome to fight other players. Any ideas thoughts or suggestions? I meant to post on this a few days ago but cant seem to find time to get to computer as much as I would like. 

Mina

TOTALLY AGREE.

Fel was meant for the pvp.  it was created for PvP. and it should be PvP.
HOWEVER...In all fairness, i don't think it will ever happen on sylvan as thats not the kinda people who play here..  but i for one have a toon that was created with PvP in mind one day,  hehe.  For roleplay purposes there are guilds out there that have tried to establish rp scenarios with fell in mind,  *notes current agreed wars with FW, Fae and Com guilds* although CoM have dissapeared since the agreement,  bah.. so anything is possible really.
   I would love for my toon to run around in fel, do some head hunting and party up with the bad guys again, PvP was where i started in uo, (seige perilous was funnest place to grow up)    "No rules should govern Felucca"

Ponch16

only problem i see with this is the lack of ability for reds to get around.....originally reds were only allowed in bucs den to use the bank and buy some regs but they were marked up in price and since u cant mark runes or recall in fel its gonna be hard to run around with bands of reds. Also from what i remember if you died as a red u lost i believe it was 20% of ur skills for a period of half an hour or hour i would like to see this remain implemented to lower the amount of ganking, trust me running around as a red with 60% in a skill really made u watch what you were doing, it also made reds work together as a unit and have hide out houses to regroup in....so another issue would be lack of housing in fel.....hard to die there then try and pick up some items with no storage available.

Just my input after playing a red for about 4yrs on osi.
If it won't work hit it with a hammer.....If that doesn't work....hit it with a BIGGER hammer... - Pablo Enesow

Aesa

I would love  to see Fel a free for all, but it would require someone to be able to recall out if they wanted a quick get away.  I think we should leave Fel as a no mark facet, but would like to see all travel spells, except gate be allowed in Fel.

Cpt_Starfox

"Tokuno and Ocllo are under Felucca rules. You can steal from players or kill them. However, try to have a bit of class and roleplay it a bit. We do not promote Player Killing but we do recognize that some players enjoy this type of activity. We do insist it must be role played. Don't meet a person and immediately attack them without warning and then shriek at their corpse how u r00l and they are not only lamrz but also pwned.
Rather, notify them of your intent and then get to work. It'd be lovely to see a player declare "Your gold or your life ..." and so on. In fact, play it to the hilt and be a wandering ronin, disgusted with imperial edicts and determined to survive by your wits and skill at arms.
Note: Tokuno and Ocllo are under Felucca rules! This bears repeating. Don't go there and then complain afterwards if you get pk'd or have something stolen. However, if players are found in Tokuno who are just engaging in player killing and not role playing it, there will be severe concequences"

I just figured that rule beared repeating... Fel is already open for pvp and stealing and such stuff... just ya gotta do it with "style" hehe - and that should remain as is.

If ya want more PvP... get some friends and go for it.

As far as housing and recalling in Fel.... naw... Fel is for darkness and ebil and fighting and stuff... not crowding it up with pretty little housing... and recalling?? That is part of what makes Fel hard and makes the loot balanced... if you can recall to the hard high loot places... then that kinda cheepens it to me... sure at times, I'd LOVE to recall in and out of Fel lol, but I actually appreciate the journey and would rather it stay... kinda also takes the fun and mystery out of it when you can just jump around it and avoid the danger it takes to get to places... Also, we already have a way to gate out of Fel if you need a quick exit for you and your party even!... how much easier can ya get?

-Edit-
Also... in Tokuno, you got most the danger of PvP, but the convienance of travel spells... and also some housing. - So if Fel isn't good for your pvp due to lack of travel spells and lack of housing... enjoy Tokuno   ;D

Admin Acacia

You took the words from my mouth, Link.   We have always had PvP available since day 1 of Sylvan.  All we ask is a little "class" when you do it. We have had players in the past attempt to make evil characters, such as our once hearty band of orcs. The rest of the players wouldn't participate.  Fel rules are out there on two facets.  Have at it if you wish to be evil, more power to you.  It still stands that you need a fraction of RP in your killing spree, and, if you become red, you will need to deal with the travel restrictions.

Never be less than your dreams.

Skynar

My understanding is it was always allowed but ONLY with RP first.  So i have to walk up and say "link i am now going to gank you" and they try to surprise ya.....   doesnt work   cant have cake and eat it too.

I think make it a FFA  with a small understanding that  res kill and grief kill is a no no.  Other then that   once you walk through that fel gate  you can be attacked,  so you best go prepared.

and I think at least the Fel portals should be opened back up for that. otherwise by the time you hear someone is in fel and then actually get there on foot they could be gone. and who wants to spend their time just trying to catch up with someone  over and over.

:)

Crimson

I rarely go to Fel myself and it isn't because of it being too hard or because of the RP/pvp nor is it because of the evasion restrictions. I don't travel there much because of the travel restrictions.(And this goes for Karina as well since she HATES the way travel is set up in Fel.)  Don't get me wrong, I don't think that one should be able to gate/recall to and from the Fel facet easily. I don't mind having only one gate to get there and back. But once there I think that at the very least the moongates that are there should be active to the Fel destinations alone.(this is probably the easiest to do)

The way Origin has it set up is when you are in Fel you can only port around in Fel and when you are in Trammel you can port around more freely. And to get from Trammel to Fel and visa versa is very limited. It would be nice that once you are in Fel to be able to travel around easier than just on foot. If it was just a tad more like Ilsh I think I would travel there more often. Also since the seas are more dangerous it makes retrieving your corpse a lot harder if you die on your boat. You just can't recall off your boat key and find yourself back on your boat, you have to either have another boat or rely on another player to help recover your stuff.

The Tram stones are nice, but you have the off chance of losing them if you die and lose everything on your corpse. They aren't blessed nor can you store them in your blessed reg/bandy pouch(if you own one). And obtaining them are difficult too, not only do you need to kill mobs to get the ash which is rare enough, then you have to find one of those special vendors and page staff which may or may not be on to complete the transaction.

I think that more players would visit Fel if the travel restrictions weren't so strict. One other suggestion I have, which I don't know if it would require a scriptor, would be a special gate book just for Fel that used charges. And to replenish charges in the book you would need something like powder of translocation or something you could hunt for. Maybe even to obtain a book you would need to hunt in Fel for an x amount of human ash/soul to purchase one to make it a little more challenging, but not nearly impossible to get.
"Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps."
Emo Philips.

Cpt_Starfox

"And obtaining them are difficult too, not only do you need to kill mobs to get the ash which is rare enough, then you have to find one of those special vendors and page staff which may or may not be on to complete the transaction. "

Obtaining ash is really not too hard... I have tons... it's souls that isn't as easy  ;)  As far as paging staff to get them though... well... you don't have to.  You do not have to page staff to acquire a tram stone. The "special vendors" can provide them for you... and those special vendors aren't even all that hard to come by - ya just gotta know where to look  ;)  I maybe can help ya out on that if you need.

Back on the marked runes and locations in Fel... such things would cheapen the hard loot places... bad idea.  The time and effort it takes to get to a place is part of what makes the loot drop better. Easier places to get to don't have as good a loot usually I  would think... and if they do, then you can bet the monsters aren't easy (*cough* Skara *cough*) lol - It all just makes sense... If you can just pop over and raid an awesome place and avoiding all the time and effort and danger it takes to get to that place... then that would likely cheapen the loot balance.

As far as the element of surprise... I'm not sure on that... maybe you can hit them and RP at the same time rather than having a formal, polite introduction before socking it to em... It does seem by the rules that you must first inform them... but maybe you can pre-type it and do the intro really quick before hitting them... for example:

PvPer: *pre-types message*
*other player walks by*
PvPer: *hits enter* "Greetings traveler, pleased to meet you, now how would you like a short trip to the other side.... of eternity"  *grins and smacks em a quick paralyse blow juuuuuuuuuust after the text is displayed (like a split sec)*
*the fight has commenced*
Who will win?! Tune in to Sylvan and find out next time on "Life as Rp PvPer"   :D

About boats... Dying on a boat would be a serious pain... I'm not sure if most monsters are near the land or not... but I'd think that is just another thing that makes the hard to get to places still have good and high loot yields.... maybe there should be an easier way to rez on boats though... Dunno how that would be done though.

Thane ir'Wyndan

For the record on "I am here to gank you, please act surprised", you don't have to do that much.  I will back this as RP enough:

Put a post on the forums and spread the word amongst players that this area is under the protection of the Dark Lord Yournamehere, the murderer Iamsoevil has been spotted in the woods near Yew, a crazed hermit in the Mines of Minoc is said to be gathering flesh for his cloak for the coming winter, etc.  This to me is giving people warning, if they don't take steps to heed said warning that is their problem.  I feel no guilt if people missing hearing about an event or something because they won't check the forums occasionally.

Time is a healer, time is a stealer, time is an angel, time is a devil that burns.
http://s7.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=91111

Mina

what thane said...*points upwards to last post*   That i agree with,  what i think was needed was just that little bit of clarification. I don't generaly think anyone really was into any kind of Rp PvP if they had to formaly " introduce " themselves as a pvp, lol.  But i think the idea of posting a warning on forums is much better, it also is a way of explaining boundaries too.
  way oh thane,  Thumbs up for that explanation,  me likey

Admin Acacia

Yes, what Thane says works for me.  That is role play.  You say.. I am bad, and I will be out for your money or your life... in a public forum.  Works for me.

Never be less than your dreams.

Cpt_Starfox

A forum post eh?  hmmm hehe - I'll have to keep an eye out for em... I have a feeling I might be seeing a few hehe. This could be interesting  8)

Caelan

"Hear ye hear ye!

Link has 3 deaths coming his way before the new year from an evil jester!

*MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!*"

Something like that?

ROFL!

Once upon a time, on another shard I played on some years ago, bulletin boards hung from town banks warning of evil doers. I can see something like that working here as well.

Alaric McCree

I remember fondly the time old bag-o-bones put a bounty on Link's head.        Those were the days...
Sometimes the dragon wins, that's why there is such a shortage of white knights.