Tameable Dragons.

Started by Rocks Silivan, January 25, 2009, 04:31:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocks Silivan

I recently began to think and got several opinions and what not that the special dragons that spawn, their resists and stats were changed awhile back. I think its not fair to new players who find these animals and try to train them to be strong like old dragons and can not since their resists and stats aren't the same. Would it be possible to even it out and make all dragons players have old and new have same stats and resists so its even out and players have equal chance like older and even new players. I know players that have dragons with more then one resist on a dragon wit 120% but none spawn like that no more. So hopefully we can get it evened out :)

Vecchio

I agree with rocks where it can make it even for everbody to have a chance where the new players who are traning there pets can hang with what the older dragons can hang with just where it can all be even just my two cents 

Ox

Quezecoatl

I dissagree usually the players who do use those old spawns use them because the newer dragons cant keep up with stuff the warriors can making it so that tamers all together cant keep up with warriors and cant take on some stuff warriors can. I say keep the old how it is they wer tamed by tamers from the old spawn days so they worked for them and use them frequently I know i use mine and know a few others who use old spawn and dont have warrior characters, weather it be they dont like playing as a warrior or what not why change something they own if they use it? its not like people pit the old spawns against the new ones and demolish the newer tamers they use them for ther own purposes, people who have warriors wouldnt really expect to see this because when it comes to taking stuff on you do it yourselves and not using a dragon as your main source of fighting like a mere tamer does.Sides old equals better through the times of dragon births they get weaker as the blood line does grampa dragon is much wiser then newborn dragon.

Tornaway92

I think if the dragons are going to be changed, the newer ones should be buffed up. Its true what Que says about the newer ones - they just can't keep up with the old school tamables.

However, if you were to keep them exactly the same as they are now, don't you think its a little unfair on the newer tamers Que? I think Rocks has a valid point, since if they stayed the same, it basically means only the old players can ever take on the stronger monsters - especially since the oldies are somewhat partial to the their pets and won't be selling them off to the newer players anytime soon.

Anyways thats just my 1.5 cents
Who am I?
-Sabertache (possibly?)
-Ibanez Gibson (probably?)
-Lycander (maybe?)

R.I.P Dimebag we all miss you...

Skynar

Do not change anything.   you all did not want to change other stuff  before   So why start now just because its your idea.

Christina

i agree with Skynar don't change anything I am a tamer too and just found my first two strong dragons and u can find a descent dragon. Have been on the shard for one year and no one helped me find my dragons till Fer came back from his long absant so the old tamers do not give up locations of dragons so unless u are very lucky a new tamer will have a very hard time finding one. I say just leave it alone and lets see what happens here In the future since changes are coming withthe new year which hapens every year.

Rocks Silivan

To go with Que's post I do have a warrior druid WHO does use dragons for help or melee, but it can not tank anything cause it gets killed in like 10 hits. There are the older dragons out there that fight the Vesper spawn and the spawn their only does 1 damage to their pet while I use same pet and it gets killed in 10 hits and get dealt like 100 damage. Like Torn said, it is not fair to new tamers trying to get strong dragons to fight with and to go wit Que's post that you can only use pet to fight with what about new tamers? The new tamers who plan to only use pets aswell? They wont last out their with dramatically weaker dragons. Not even my Greater Glacial can last long on monsters. New tamers and tamers like me got no chance to have a strong dragon like older ones since they dont spawn no more. I am just trying to point out the old dragons compared to new ones spawning now just does not seem to be on equal level. And many new tamers do find stuff out there just from exploring.

Tornaway92

Hence why I say buff up the weaker ones a little bit for the newer pure tamers. I usually only use mine for the poison, since they're terrible at tanking (the newer tamables that is).

If we buff up the new tamables - maybe not as strong as the old school ones, but closer to it - this way the new pure tamers have a chance to fight monsters that the old players can take on.

Also, Christina, you say that it is difficult to find the special tamables - I agree with you here. However, after they weakened the tamables, they did not make it EASIER. Therefore, don't you think its still unfair? I mean, finding dragons now is just as hard as it was in the past, (if not harder) yet they seem to be weaker...

So if we keep the old ones the same as they are now, and buff up the newer ones (the new ones dont have to be as strong as the old ones, just somewhat stronger than they are now), everyone wins!
Who am I?
-Sabertache (possibly?)
-Ibanez Gibson (probably?)
-Lycander (maybe?)

R.I.P Dimebag we all miss you...

Quezecoatl

People also seem to forget you can socket in resists as well to give them a extra buff, also latly wev been seeing newer dragons like the frost dragon and the stone dragon.

Vecchio

the older dragons are no where near what the new dragons resist at it don't matter if u put sockets in it or not its not going to get no where close    just trying to make it fair for new player tamers to have a chance with what old players can fight with there pets there aint no chance for a newer dragon to hang with alot of stuff    i mean if there going to depend on there pets they don't have many places they could go and fight       like rocks said some of the older dragons can hang with the vesper spawn and the new ones have no chance        what i know of i no none of my pets can hang with the vesper spawn just trying to make it equal to the new players two but eh just my 2 cents 

Ox

Rocks Silivan

Yes you can socket pets aswell. But, when you have older spawn dragon that has 120 resist already right near it HUGE difference. You can socket yea add 10 to resists but u still dont come near 120 to be able to be effective wit a pet like veterans. And with the new dragons like frost and stone, Ive seen them and had frost it isnt a good resist fighting dragon at all. You say you only use dragons to fight for you to keep you alove and kill stuff,  since you are not warrior of any kind, but what about them new inspiring tamers who also dont wanna tank but only use pets? How will they have chance like you do? Only way is if we equal the playing field for all of us. My Greater Glacial is competely socketed and i still dont got 120 in any resists and it dies fairly easy compared to the other older ones.

Just my two cents,
Rocks

creampuff

Yeah I agree with Overlord cuz he's always right! Go Overlord! Take over the world!

~just my fifty cents

Quezecoatl

Quote from: Christina on January 25, 2009, 08:37:18 PM
i agree with Skynar don't change anything I am a tamer too and just found my first two strong dragons and u can find a descent dragon. Have been on the shard for one year and no one helped me find my dragons till Fer came back from his long absant.

See its still possible to find descent dragons you just have to look and be lucky so saying its impossible to get good dragons is a load of crap.

As for the 120 for your glacial my greater doesnt have it eather it does pretty good my lesser does better because i have it socketed with resists. Most of these dragons are on long term spawns making it so that if a new player tamer doesnt tame one within the first months he starts he eather has to play with a white wyrm or a plain dragon to make money to buy one from someone and these days with the way druid warriors are people see how effective they are and go that way any way.

And butter -.- your a fighter not a tamer.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Serenity

I have a tamer and I have several older dragons as well as some of the newer dragons. I do not think it is fair to the older players who dragons have been around longer to have there stats changed. Most of them tamed those dragons themselves and most of them have played before many of us.

I personally do not see where anything needs to be changed but I also have a couple warriors I hunt with and do not always use my tamer to hunt. I love my tamer and I love my pets, but saying it is not fair to the newer tamers because the special dragons are weaker just is wrong. Staff decided to change them for a reason.

I am not entirely sure I agree with tweaking the newer dragons or not. I am still thinking over this. I understand what everyone is saying, but saying it is unfair to one group and not the other is not fair as well. You all need to think about both sides here, both old and newer tamers alike and please lets not forget about the dragons.

Rocks Silivan

From Christina's post about getting decent dragons i have one dragon she has the sand dragon and it aint really good at all cause it has low resists like all the other dragons now. It may have some ok str but it does not matter unless it has good resist.. And you will agree to this Que cause you base your fighting on resists correct? I think everyone is catching the wrong vibe here :) I am not trying to change old spawns stats but we need to fix these newer dragons to same or somehow near it so newer and players like me got chance to hang wit older spawns so we all feel equal somewhat. It really does suck when you have same kind of dragon and go somewhere and older one only gets dealt 1 damage while urs fully socketed or not gets killed fairly easy. Im just trying to say maybe we need to help the newer dragons out so they have chance to compete aswell as older ones. Also, you do not have to be a tamer or have older or new dragons to reply to this post, this was meant to get point and idea across that needed input from all players not just tamers cause all our voices need to be heard.

Just my 1 and half cent,
Rocks