Tameable Dragons.

Started by Rocks Silivan, January 25, 2009, 04:31:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vecchio

if i under stand rocks right he is not saying to take away stats on the old ones  just make the newer dragons a little stronger where they can hang with the mobs like the older pets to make it fair to the new tamers in the game like i said early there are some older dragons that can hang with the vesper spawn and if a new player goes with there pet it wont have a chance at all just make the new dragons where the players has a chance of hanging with the older dragons

Ox

Quezecoatl

Quote from: Rocks Silivan on January 26, 2009, 02:57:51 AM
and players like me got chance to hang wit older spawns so we all feel equal somewhat.
Rocks

Ok Rocks players like you can pawn without the dragon lol so if you dont feel equal if not better then you need some attention lol.

Quezecoatl

Sure you can make the new dragons a bit stronger but you cant expect a new player 1-5 months to start out with a special spawn seeing how the spawns are some tamers go a whole year even more before they get ther first special and when they do get that special hog dam ther happy.

Shakka

I think that is part of Rocks' point.  The special spawns can be so hard to get for any player that if  a relatively new tamer finally gets one, it is all that more disappointing for him/her to know even though it took so long they still have acquired a creature that will never match or come real close to those beautiful, wonderful pets that they have seen shown off in the meadow so many times.  Just my non-tamer, observer opinion.

Quezecoatl

Quote from: Shakka on January 26, 2009, 03:09:07 AM
I think that is part of Rocks' point.  The special spawns can be so hard to get for any player that if  a relatively new tamer finally gets one, it is all that more disappointing for him/her to know even though it took so long they still have acquired a creature that will never match or come real close to those beautiful, wonderful pets that they have seen shown off in the meadow so many times.  Just my non-tamer, observer opinion.

Yes but they also see wow this is better then that white wyrm or plain dragon ive been stuck with for so long and are happy ive seen cases of it.

Aesa

Okay, well, since no other staffer has stepped up to comment on this I will or else I see this thread being debated forever.

1. My player character has an old uber dragon that's socketed and the character has a skill cap increase to 1500 and has been on this shard for years.  My player cannot with the dragon solo the spawn at Vesper or even stay alive well in a small group. 

2.  Fel was not meant to be a place for people to solo.  If you can't take it on as a tamer with a weaker newer dragon then go with a group or at least one other player.

3. The old dragons after being out for a while were considered to be a pit overpowered so they were weakened and the spawn was moved and slowed down otherwise EVERYONE would have an uber dragon, everyone on the shard would be a druid/tamer.  Honestly, that's a bit boring.

4.  Life isn't fair.  Sorry.  This is a game.  Not everyone has the same gold, sockets, armor, pets.  I've heard many players complain about certain players with tons of gold buying up everything good at the auctions.  Should we start new players out with 10million gold so they have a chance of buying stuff too?  NO!  The people that have the better pets and lots of gold, good armor all worked for it.

5.  You get 5 character slots.  If you find that your pet isn't doing the job at tanking stuff, then feel free to make a warrior that can tank the tougher mobs.

6.  The new custom dragon spawns are hard to find for a reason.  They are called RARE for a reason.  If we placed a map in everyone's pack with directions to the spawn or just plopped them down outside of a Moongate then they wouldn't be rare, valuable or as desirable.  The custom dragon spawns were being moved because the same 2 people were taming every single one because they knew the spawn rate.  They would tame them, sell them, make big bucks.  That's not fair.  So, they get moved now.

7. This post isn't meant to offend anyone.  Your comments are always welcome, but some things just are the way they are for a reason.

By the way, there are very few players left that have the old school dragons.  I can only think of a few and most of them don't hardly even play any more, including myself.  I spend far more time staffing than I do playing.  I think it's that way for all the staffers actually.

Serenity

I do not think a tame nor a player should be able to solo a spawn. I have a warrior how can solo the guantlet to me this is wrong. I can do it yes, do I typically not. I think the special spawns should be unique to the type of dragon they are and I do not think they need to be " UBER " even to the new players.

There is a reason we have old players and old tames. They have been around a long time and took the time to find them. NO it is not easy to find a special tame but when you do it is exciting, but I NEVER expected to take that dragon and solo the guantlet with it for example. I think we all need to look at the big picture here.

Rocks Silivan

I agree with some and some I do not, but I think everyone keeps getting the wrong idea of this post and its meanings. Everyone seemed to have thrown this in all the wrong directions, I was just trying to get responses and what others felt and trying to bring forth an idea that I thought out that would help. I am not here for conflict and arugments just to try to make a place ive played for 2yrs now better and bring forth how i felt about something. With tweaking the newer dragons I only meant for better resists cause it depends on their resists if they will have any chance fighting.
Quote from: Quezecoatl on January 26, 2009, 03:02:25 AM

Ok Rocks players like you can pawn without the dragon lol so if you dont feel equal if not better then you need some attention lol.

Que I expected better from a friend Ive known quite awhile here and I dont make posts for attention my attentions for my home here are to try to improve not make it worse or need attention. Im sorry you feel this way about me.

I am going to lock this thread if I can or Will a GM please Cause everyone has the wrong meaning and  intentions of this post. Thanks you