Lumber-jacking?

Started by Cadbury, January 30, 2010, 12:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadbury

I have searched the boards with key words "lumberjacking", and "lumber", and I can't find any info on how much damage LJ grants to swordsmanship weapons. Is it a significant amount of damage if raised up to 100 (I did read that 120 was not useful)?

Thanks again!

Enigma

http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/swordsmanship.php

In the future, I highly reccomend using stratics first. There isnt too much info or guides on our forums, but theres a mountain of information there. Just keep in mind not ALL of the stratics info relates to sylvan heart, but the majority of it does. As for getting it to 120, I believe you should see a tiny increase, but you can only get lumberjacking up to 100 via fighting - to hit the last 20 levels you'll have to go out and cut trees.

Myrick

I have an axe fighter in game and I find lumberjacking immensely useful. Some people say it's not worth it for the little bit of extra damage, however I disagree. I pulled it off for a while and wasn't happy so I added it back.

Enigma

Yeah I believe the difference between 0 and 100 is about 10-12 damage difference on your status damage rating. If memory serves me correctly, I think its 10% extra BASE damage per 10 levels?

Cadbury

That website is great. Thanks for that!

On Sylvan, can we do those special moves (i.e., Crushing blow, concussion blow etc)?

Myrick

Yes, and I was going to say earlier that with lumberjacking combined with axes that I noticed a mana savings when using these special moves.

Cadbury

And, how do you do these special moves? Is it a random thing? Do I need a book for it? I have 120 swords and 100 (something) tactics, 120 anatomy and I haven't seen anything special yet.

Cpt_Starfox

Various weapons can do various special moves. Most weapons (if not all) that I know of can do only two special moves. They are located in the book with the sword picture in the bottom right of your paperdoll. Also in that book, you can go through it and see what weapons can do which moves so that you can collect weapons for every situation! :)

Enigma

Another thing, and I think this is what most people do, is you go into your options then set a macro for primary and secondary weapon attacks. Makes it a lot easier than having to double click those annoying icons all the time :)

Cadbury

I'll be sure to do that. Thanks again everyone.