Snow = no uo

Started by Festus, December 14, 2013, 06:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Festus

To much snow to shovel today.  sooo No time for UO.  ugh!! Probably Wednesday ill have some time in the am.

Festus

today and yesterday we finally got above freezing.  wooohoooo.  Funny things (I drive my son inlaws truck on Monday and Tuesdays) Yesterday the snow was melting and the ice from the ice storm that came on top of the 8 or so inches of snow.  I had to go to our warehouse and get a load so when I got there the loading dock was under water.  It seems ice and snow had clogged the sump pump some how. 
Well, since I seem to be willing to take one for the team I just walked out in 18 inches of water,ice and snow to the back of the truck.  I had to lower the jacks before loading.  Holy Lord, water up to almost my knees, freezing.  Well my feet hurt and legs went numb before I got the jacks all the way down.  Now for the funny part.  When I got out of the  water I felt a strong need to get the water out of my "Loafers" so I sat on the running board of the truck and put my feet up on a concrete abutment that was near.  Being my feet were now higher than my butt the water just ran out.  Maybe a cup per shoe ran out.  You'd think that was a good thing right?  NOOOOOO.  I was wearing water proof coveralls so of course the water ran up my legs and soaked me from my knees which were dry to my bum.  Now im forced to wear freezing cold clothes for the rest of the day.  OMG it was a horrible day.  haha  I wish I could have figured out how Jesus walked on water.  I certainly didn't.

zullie

That sounds horrible!! I surely hope you dont end up sick because of it!!

Cypress

That does indeed sound pretty horrible. >_<  Reminds me of some of the crazy duck hunting stories I've heard from my Dad and how he would get socked falling in freezing water. Yeah, that just aint fun lol.

Talitha

I didn't get sick but I did have to sit with my feet by the fireplace for a while to warm up.  I cant believe I didn't remember doing something similar when I was younger.  LOL The feeling of ice water running up my legs to my bum cheeks is something ill never remember.  haha When I was young I went duck hunting alone along the Puget Sound in Washington State.  I shot a couple ducks and while trying to get into my 2man/bathtub rubber raft, the rave moved and I fell over backwards into icy water.  Since I was wearing Rain Gear I didn't get fully soaked.  My lower body was mostly dry except for my feet and a little on my back and chest.  Of course that changed when I tried to dump the ice water from my rubber boots and it ran up my legs soaking my entire legs up to my bum.  Ya, Ima slow learner I guess.   hehe

Festus

wow,  it seems winter wont go away this year.  Weather is predicted to bring another "around a foot" of snow with temps from mid teens to below zero for another week and a half at least.  ugh.  Im so sick of cold.