Idea for Towns that are homes to Guild, Empires, Governments and such

Started by Stroem Safai, March 02, 2009, 12:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stroem Safai

I was just thinking that perhaps in a city or town that is inhabited by a guild like a empire type guild, of government type society that the guild itself only the guild could purchase like real estate rights for buildings in the town were i gm could set up a vendor there for them that would sell goods and they would have rights to be able to decorate it too kinda like a yard could have some limit of how many seperate decorations total there is allowed to be added. Of course such realestate would be quite expensive, And of course when one bought these realestate shops in the citys they would of course recieave a certifact that states they are the owner of that realestate, And if they say were to hire other players to work in the shop they could get a seperate certificate stateing that they are an employee in the shop and allowed to move things around.

Rilman Cuprilach

This is really a nice think  I remember running for treasurer for Trinsic City Council on Great Lakes back in the day  of course the best way I feel  to implement something of this nature would be to use the Factions system. It allows the faction group holding that city to control prices and everything. Of course this would also spur PvP  unless the City governments agree to hold down there own fort. 

Abbadon

Bah Stroem what did Aesa say about punctuation!!!

*strains to read*

It could work but we dont really have big enough guilds other than AoR to really do something like that. Also on the second part couldnt you just do that with a player owned house?

However if this does take place, maybe Trinsic would be good since we have that vendor mall there and all that already.

Cpt_Starfox

Are you talking about guild towns with guild realestate, guild vendors, guild npcs, and guild housing requirements? Because don't we have all of those options already? I'm not sure what you mean Stroem  ???

Stroem Safai

No not houseing requirments im talking about already made buildings in citys that can be bought by a guild/empire that lives and claims that city, GM,s would be required for such things and maybe possibly say the guild bought i mage shop to operate in the the city somehow gms might be able to put vendors of your own in there to sell goods. Of course if the guild ever went away the buildings would revert back to city property...

Cpt_Starfox

You mean like a pre-made custom city for guilds and such to move into?  Well, we do at least have race specific cities for the Fae, Drow, Elves, Wolvens, Demons, and Felines... and maybe Dwarves? Also, why have pre-built guild towns when players can build their own towns? Also, regular non-player npcs can be added as well if I remember right. But, I suppose this stuff is more a matter of preference as to pre-gm-built or player-built.  Or, then again, I could be completely misunderstanding lol.

Skynar

No he means like trinisic  moonglow  etc etc.    I know there was talk in the past of stuff like this which I think its a great idea if a Guild could own an actual city  here and have their  plots in town  etc etc.  And their own vendors set up  in the existing buildings.
Theoretically i can all be done. Just a matter if the Gms wanna tackle it.

Rocks Silivan

Yea like Skynar said towns cant be made just for a guild. Its been tried before and we are not allowed to by custom made house in towns either cause I try to and got the no. I was told they can not do it cause they can not make it for lockdowns, but my old shard made custom houses lockdownable so I dont know.

Stroem Safai

Like Windigo said the idea im talking about can be done, and i know players can allways create there own player made towns but we have all these citys that never get used and some folks never even go too, If this idea went into affect and guilds/empires and such started accually running towns it would bring more activity to the citys

Rilman Cuprilach

This is straight from stratics and kinda what I had in Idea thinking of Guild controlled towns. With Factions in place A guild could join one....and take control of the town.  Just my thoughts on it
Controlled Towns

There are 8 cities that can fall under the control of a faction. Each of these cities has a townstone placed within the city limits. These townstones have a variety of uses (described later in this section) for the faction that controls the city. In addition, there are eight town pedestals upon which the "town sigil" (described later, used for capturing a city) for that particular city rests. The towns that contain the townstones, town pedestals, and the respective town sigil are listed below:                   

* Britain (located south of the mage shop on the east side of Britain)                     
    * Skara Brae (located north of the provisioner's shop)                     
    * Magincia (located southwest of the tavern)                     
    * Minoc (located south of the tavern)                     
    * Moonglow (located east of the provisioner's shop)                     
    * Trinsic (located east of the meeting hall)                     
    * Vesper (located west of the docks)                     
    * Yew (located west of the healer)                   

Town conquest
                  One of the most important sources of context within the faction conflict lies within the ability of factions to conquer cities. There are eight cities that can be conquered and subjected to the control of a faction. The conquest of a city serves as the foundation for many of the other features of the faction system and can be done as described below.                   

* Each of the above towns has a town pedestal                     
    * Each town has an associated town sigil (created on town pedestal).                     
    * A faction member with a stealing skill of at least 80 may steal the town sigil. The sigil must be transported to a stronghold tile within one hour (otherwise it returns to it's home pedestal location).                     
    * The sigil may be corrupted at a Faction stronghold by placing it on that Faction's stronghold tile. The sigil must remain on that stronghold tile for at least 24 hours. There is a grace period of 15 minutes during which if the sigil is moved from the tile, it may be restored to the stronghold tile without restarting its corruption time.                     
    * After being corrupted, the sigil must be returned to its town pedestal in orde to capture the town. The faction has one hour to return the sigil to a town, or it returns to it's last stronghold tile location (still corrupted). The sigil will remain on the last stronghold tile or town pedestal until the steal/move process is performed on it again, at which time the player or players moving the sigil have the required times to achieve their objectives or the sigil will return automatically to the stronghold tile or pedestal where it was last located.                     
    * A faction controlled town falls under the control of the faction for a minimum period of seven days.                     
    * After a town becomes subject to re-conquest, other factions may steal the sigil and attempt to corrupt it.                     
    * Once a town has been conquered it will never return to it's "neutral" state. A faction is in control of a town until another faction steals and corrupts the sigil and thus takes over control.                   

If a sigil is corrupted and stolen from the stronghold by an opposing faction they can take it to their base to restart the corruption process. If they fail to deliver it within one hour it will teleport back to the stronghold from which it was stolen. A sigil's home location is always defined as the last stronghold or town tile it was placed on.                   

Town Sigil
                  Each of the eight towns that can be captured by a faction is represented by a "Town Sigil". The town sigil can be stolen by a faction player using the stealing skill. This sigil can then be returned to the faction's stronghold in order to be corrupted. After a successful corruption period of 24 hours, the sigil will become "corrupt" by Faction holding it. The Faction can then return the corrupted sigil to it's respective town and place it onto the town pedestal. At the point of return, the town falls under the control of the faction which corrupted the sigil. If the corrupted sigil is not returned to the town pedestal within one hour, it will return to the last stronghold tile that it was placed upon.                   

The town sigil operates under the conditions listed below:                   

Conditions:

* A player must have at least 80 stealing skill to "steal" a sigil from its town pedestal or a stronghold tile.                     
    * The stealing player must be in a faction.                     
    * A sigil is "dropped" or "given" by double clicking the sigil, then targeting. A sigil cannot be "moved" by the normal means of dragging an item.                     
    * A player with a town sigil is hued purple, as well as all equipped items on that player.                     
    * A player with a town sigil cannot:                       
          o Teleport                         
          o Gate                         
          o Recall                         
          o Cast Polymorph                         
          o Cast Incognito                         
          o Use a disguise kit                         
          o Use moonstone                         
          o Place sigil in a container on the ground                         
          o "Give" the sigil to an enemy faction player                         
          o "Give" the sigil to someone not in their own faction                       

* A player with a town sigil can:                       
          o Hide                         
          o Use Stealth to walk while hidden                       

* If a player with a town sigil logs out or their character for any reason leaves Ultima Online, the sigil returns to its home location.                   

Players under the effects of a disguise kit, polymorph spell, or incognito spell cannot steal the Sigil until those effects wear off.                   

Taking Control of a Town
                  Once a Faction has successfully placed a corrupted sigil onto the town pedestal, then that Faction will control that town for a specified but variable amount of time (described further below). Faction members can operate within special designations, through an internal election process within their Faction.                   

Faction Office
                  Faction players are eligible for public office within their faction. The three eligible offices are: the office of Faction Commander, Town Sheriff, and Town Finance Minister. As implied, a Town Sheriff and Town Finance Minister can exist for each town under a faction's control. While the office of Faction Commander is attained through an election process (described below), the offices of Town Sheriff and Finance Minister are attained through appointment from the Faction Commander. There is only one Faction Commander per Faction, and only one Town Sheriff and one Finance Minister per Faction occupied town.                   

Faction Commander
                  Faction Commanders are elected to their position by the members of the Faction itself. Only Faction members with a rank of 6 through 10 may become a Faction Commander (please refer to the section "Faction Scoring and Points" for more information about ranks).                   

The information below describes voting for Faction Commander:                   

* Campaigning takes place once per week, starting 6 days after the Faction system begins on the shard, and lasts for 24 hours.                     
    * During campaigning, up to 10 players with a rank of 6 through 10 are able to run for public office if they so choose. The first 10 eligible Faction members that choose to participate in running for the Faction Commander position are allowed to do so. Any subsequent Faction members are denied candidacy during that election cycle, even if they are eligible.
    * After 24 hours of campaigning, the voting process begins. Faction members have 24 hours to vote for a candidate. Faction members that wish to vote must use the faction stone, select the "vote" option, and select their candidate choice.                     
    * Players can only vote once and cannot change their vote after submission.                     
    * The player with the largest vote total after the 24 hour voting process is over becomes the new Faction Commander.                   

Faction Commander abilities: 

*The Faction Commander is able to appoint or remove the sheriff and finance minister for each town that a faction controls. The commander accesses these functions by using the appropriate townstone within the controlled town.                     
    * The Faction Commander determines the degree of faction "tithes". The tithing rate can be set anywhere from 0 to 100% in increments of 10%. The commander accesses this function by using the Faction stone. The purpose of this tithing is described in the section titled "Faction Scoring and Points".                     
    * The Faction Commander determines the disbursement of the faction's treasury to cities under the control of the faction. The disbursement of these credits is further described in the section titled "Faction Scoring and Points".                     
    * With a limit of once every hour, a Faction Commander may send a speech message to all online players within a faction.                     
    * Once every hour the commander may send a global message to all online faction members in his faction. This is done by saying "message faction" - a prompt will appear asking them what they want to send as a message. The commander types in the text and hits enter - it is sent to all online faction mates.                   

Faction Sheriff
                  Each town under the control of a faction may have one sheriff appointed to it. The conditions of Sheriff appointment and function are:                   

* The faction Commander may access the townstone of a captured city in order to hire the sheriff (described above).                     
    * The commander may not select him/herself to be a Sheriff.                     
    * The commander must select a player from within the same faction to be a Sheriff.                     
    * The town sheriff is able to perform their official duties by speaking out loud "I am sheriff".                   

The Sheriff abilities are as follows:                   

Sheriffs may hire "Faction Guards". The Sheriff may control the amount of Faction Guards in operation, their cost, the maximum allowed, and how they function. Note that a faction guard does not have the same strengths and abilities as a regular town guard. They are able to be overcome by players, and their strengths will be comparable to some of the monsters that roam the lands.                   

*Each faction may purchase 4 different guard types.                       
          o 2 generic types (Henchman, Mercenary)                         
          o 2 specific types (described below)                       

* A maximum of 10 of each guard type may be in service at a time in one city.                     
    * A faction guard will stay within the city borders.                     
    * The Faction Sheriff may give the Faction Guards orders. The orders are "Ignore", "Warn", and "Attack". A Faction Sheriff can give these orders selectively for the other three Factions, or for citizens (players). However, Faction Guards cannot be set to attack citizens (players) that are not within the faction system. Citizens can be ignored by or warned by Faction Guards, with a warning being a verbal display from the Faction Guard stating the current nature of the occupied town. The Sheriff can set the Faction Guards to selectively ignore, warn, or attack members of other factions. For example, Faction Guards under the control of the True Britannian Faction may be set to ignore the Council of Mages Faction, and attack the Shadowlords Faction, and warn the Minax Faction.

Stroem Safai

HMM yes i know about the factions system but the idea i propose is much diffrent were multiple guilds could accually live in a town but it would gold and maybe even atones or vs's to purchase a town building to the control of that guild then they could put vendors into the building to sell guild wares. And also a large and rich anough guild could preety much run the city, maybe even implement some sort of system like the faction system but diffrent were one could take control of the city and appoint sherriffs, mayors, guards, and even more its a big idea and is open to alot of ideas

MagicOPromotion

I would of played my cleric Dazz...but come to think of it Semerdar was one of the few that didnt die more then 2 times... Self healing, wands, pots and such help out...