stealth

Started by Jelle, April 02, 2009, 09:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jelle

I have been reading tro uo straticks and it says when you are hidden and you have stealth  when ever you try to move you will automaticly go in stealth mode  it is not posebel here ... :(
I was wondering if somone can make it posebel  :)
and also you shold be abel to run half the amount of the stealt steps
says Straticks ...  :-\
the delay between hiding and stealth bodders me too
I mean when you fail stealt you are not abel to hide immediately
aldow you have w8et already to use your stealth
can this be shanged ?
just wondering  ;D

Jelle

oh also in my old shard when im in stealth mode I just hade to walk my steps and if I go past them I start another stealth mode
its not only easyer to gain that way you also dont need to keep pressing the skill buton

GM Feenix

You are trying to say   when you are hidden you will automatically stealth?  And that you should be able to run half of the way?

From my experience using stealth I have always had to hide first, then use stealth and if you fail you are revealed. I mean think about it.... You are hidden (in the shadows) and you try to move. Wouldnt you think that someone trying to move quietly and they fail would be easily spotted

Honestly though I think this would have to be looked at by a scripter..... 

It's not who's at the top that matters. Only the path you chose to get there.

Jelle

yes on both questions  ;)

this is what I found in straticks:

-If you start walking while hidden you will automatically attempt to steath if your skill is 25 or more.
-If you run out of steps while stealthing you will automatically attempt to use the skill again without a delay.
-You can run while stealthing, but only half the amount of steps as you can walk.
-When running while stealthing you will become visible when you run out of steps
-Location influences the chance of succes. In non guarded areas the skill raises faster.
-Any of the actions which normally unhides you still will. (including snooping)[aldow Im not a fan of this one]

here is the cite where I found it : http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/stealth.shtml

Caelan

Pretty sure that is for the current paid shard version of UO, which we are not using. So yes a scripter would have have to modify things to make that possible and it would be a major ordeal. There are Easy UO scripts you can run to use hiding/stealth in a similar manner, although if you run, you will reveal yourself.

Razor also has settings to keep up with your steps and it's fairly easy to make a macro in some fashion to achieve the auto-hiding/stealthing as you move.

Look some things up and try it out until you get something that works for you.

Jelle