Where oh where did pb go?

Started by creampuff, April 04, 2009, 12:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

creampuff

Heeeeeeeey, um so I know staff is pretty busy and all and I usually don't like asking stuff from them...but I was jus' wondering if the random events could come back? I miss pb....and I do also need to win some vs....haha. I'm not trying to be selfish though. I just like how we can bring everyone on the shard together and get to know each other a bit
^.^

Caelan

I personally don't do paintball...it's the devil!

However, I can tell you that the last time I offered an event, 3 people showed up.

Low turn out makes staff less enthusiastic about offering events, but we do offer them. I know sometimes people are doing other things or may be afk macroing in their homes, hunting in Fel, or whatever. Sometimes they just don't like the event offered. It's kinda hit and miss.

Also, as you yourself stated, staff has been pretty busy, in and out of game. So, we offer events when we have enough people in the game and run them if enough show up.

Vecchio

yeah i gotta agree with Caelan on this one i know staff will ask for events and no one shows and the people who do so ask over and over in public chat to come join the event and no one ever does cause there doing there own thing

Ox

GM Feenix

I will try to dedicate time to learn the in's and out's of this (Devil) of a game.

That said I will do my best to schedule this event and run it once a week. Will have to survey the masses to see when the best time to set this up would be.

*Runs off to survey the PB field*

It's not who's at the top that matters. Only the path you chose to get there.

Skynar

Ok so what if we did a strucured thing like

Monday is Paintbal
Tues is  Invis Maze
wed is   champ
thurs is    Etc Etc Etc

Always schedule them  for the time when the MAJORITY of people is on (should be trackable through logs)

Then no one can biatch about  No events, Ucky events they dont like (like me), Etc etc
And even if only a few show up its no skin off a gms back because they have that time alloted to due them. If no one shows up then go blow up people instead or something

Aesa

We had a schedule like that but again... no one showed up. :(

GM Feenix

Structure is so boring       Annoucements for events such as petwars and auctions are great.  I prefer coming into game seeing 10 ppl there and hosting an event.

It disrupts the normal flow of things and add more to the game.

Quote from: Issege on April 04, 2009, 09:59:12 PM
what in the world is invisibale maze lol i would be stuck in there forever i cant even get out of a regular maze lol

The invisible maze just happens to be one of the best events imho.  Well its great because we get to see players run around and become frustrated   

Once we get past this Hump in the road  I will be get familiar with PB and run it on a regular basis.

It's not who's at the top that matters. Only the path you chose to get there.

Cpt_Starfox

I kinda agree with Feenix on this one... while I think the schedule is fine... I like the random "hey who wants to do PB/maze/etc/an event?" type question. I think having both is nice kinda like what we did at the one point that Aesa was referring to. We had a schedule for those who really just wanted to know when something was... and we had random events held w/e the GMs were in the mood and the players were plenteous enough lol  :D

Admin Acacia

OMG!! Invisible maze?? Talk about something satanic!!  ACK... I can't even get out of it and I have godlike powers.

Never be less than your dreams.

Alaric McCree

Ahhh, the Invisible Maze.....  ::evil grin as the fond memories appear::
Sometimes the dragon wins, that's why there is such a shortage of white knights.

Aries_Fellintona

spring 08 maze, when i was in recvery for my operation
2 and a half hours inside of the maze...angry..upset..frustrated becaus i could see the goal! but couldn't find the right place to find it!
i think i drove myself nuts after that

Skynar

The  problem with random events its is ALWAYS  PB and yea i know you will disagree so lets look at a realistic ratio    Invis maze 1   Paintball  20....    Thats about the ratio. and thats no jive.  So im kewl with random but its not random if  90% of the time its  the same event PB

Caelan

*points to self*
Hates paint ball and NEVER does it as an event...EVER!!!!

Aesa

I take a vote and everyone usually votes for PB, but I also do hide and seek and I love to run Invis Maze.

Shadhahvar

I ony know one event so far and it is not Paint ball it is Seahorse race and i have five people show up for it. I will try to run it again this week. and Look into learning others.
Unicorns are the most beautiful creature