Traps?

Started by creampuff, April 24, 2009, 02:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

creampuff

Well i don't believe sylvan supports factions and that's needed for making traps with tinkering. I was wondering if we could change the requirement for that? Cuz making traps would be freakn sweet! Everyone would be scared to enter my house then ^.^

Quezecoatl

did you try silver coin? that might be usable not sure

creampuff

GM Feenix

Factions could be supported, the main problem I see thus far is that since the Maps  are  how do I say this nicely.......Not in their correct locations.THANK YOU OAK!?!?!?!
It would seem that for example the location for the Minax Faction Stone is literally "Buried under a mountain"

To fix the maps we would have to get someone to Fix them  and then require everyone to repatch.  With the amount of players and/or staff utilizing "Dial up" the repatch for them could take hours/days/weeks  depending on connection.

You should be able to create regular traps   dart,poison,and explosion.

It's not who's at the top that matters. Only the path you chose to get there.

creampuff

oh ok >.< well I didn't think factions would be ultra important since we have guilds and I really don't think many people would go for factions.

The regular traps I have to put on a lockable container though. At least that was how it was for explosion. I suppose i can try all the others.

I really just thought it'd be nice for crafters to make some cooler deco items. I don't think those traps are even sold in the deco mall. They've been exhibited in the haunted houses and that's the reason why I put this under wish list. I don't know if staff could just make them available to buy or just change the requirement so players can make them.

It'd jus be freak'n sweet to have traps in my house! ^.^ lol

Stroem Safai

mmmm traps *thinks of the things he could do*

Cpt_Starfox

Why are factions required for making traps with tinkering? That seems strange... then again I really know very little if anything about traps and tinkering in general. I would think though, that requirements for crafting just about anything could be changed in the scripts. Not sure how easy or hard that would be, but it doesn't sound too bad on the surface.

GM Feenix

Regular traps can be made with a Tinker  but to make  faction traps you would have to be a tinker in a faction.

Would be cool to have traps planted around ones house although they wouldnt hurt anyone....Still would be cool 

It's not who's at the top that matters. Only the path you chose to get there.

creampuff

yeah, that's what i'm saying though. This shard doesn't support factions so we can't make them. So i'm just asking for a different requirement.

pfft, they'd barely hurt them...unless their a noob...then they'd hate me lol