lumberjacking glitch?

Started by Dormas, September 11, 2007, 04:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dormas

Well I have an interesting happenstance. I'm training mining today and I get the occasional baddie from it. well I just noticed that I was raising my lumberjacking when I was fighting the baddies, specifically the imp looking ones. I though it was just a one time glitch but so far I've gain over 3.6 on my lumberjacking from this glitch. I'm also training my parry and swordsmanship while combating these things but I don't think that has anything to do with it. overall my armor aslo has +20 to lumberjacking. again I wouldn't think so but hey, maybe. I'm also using pickaxes not shovels.

Kauri

If you have an axe-like weapon you gain lumberjacking when fighting, most axes are swordsmanship weapons so I'm guessing you're using one? Lumberjacking also raises your damage with an axe. Hope that helps.

Dormas

I don't think pickax should count as an ax weapon. should it? I mean I've used pickaxes myself for various farming related jobs as well as using an ax. if you were wielding them as weapons you would use them in different manners. is it something on our end or is it in the hard coding of UO?