Pvp Event?

Started by Abbadon, February 01, 2009, 12:17:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abbadon

Hey guys Sam and I wanted to see your responses about "what if" we have a pvp event. I have a few ideas about it:

-Players will be given a choice from a stash of items similar to each other. Each player will be limited to one set of armor (plate/leather/dragon) and 2 weapons (e.g. kryss and war fork).
-Mages will be given limited amount of regs to use wisely - same goes for bandages and potions for those who will use them.
-Tamers will be given a choice of pets as well to choose from e.g. Kitsune for poison, Drake/dragon, nightmare etc.
-No druid spells allowed as it is kinda OP when we have no sockets
-It will be a balanced fight between players where strategy and skill will be the key to victory rather than who is wealthier/played longer.
-Not everyone has to participate - I realise some people prefer to stay away from pvp - there will be a bench in which to see the fights from.
-If the staffers can pull this off - it would be cool to have a temporary skill stone in which we get a limit ed number to choose what skills at 80 or 100 we can have (e.g. you can choose to have six 80 skills over four 100 skills).

I wish for this event to be as balanced as possible so everyone can join in.

Also we could have things like:
-Team Deathmatch - Where red and blue fight to the death for victory!
-Battle Royale - Throw em all in a pit and watch em kill each other!
-Round Robin - More of a tournament type fight where each player gets knocked off per loss.
-Capture the Flag - Where two sides have to bring the opponents flag back to their base!
-Guild Wars - 2 Factions fight it out for control! I was thinking this one could be more like a king of the hill type thing, where the guild that takes control of a place for longer wins.

This is just the main GIST of things, there are a lot more nitty gritty things swirling around in my head that I wont bother with yet. Balance will be achieved through repetition and actually doing the event with player feedback.

I realise that this is a big ask, and would like feedback about it from any who wish to participate. Maybe it can come to life if enough people want it!

Mina

This event and similar rules have been set up on the rooftop of fel warriors guild,  still working a couple of the rules regarding mages for it..  but only Guild members from same guilds can do it there, was going to transfer the same idea to the rooftop of outcasts guild so it can be done there,  the rules...i still have to put into book form, but are seriously do able as i have held on a couple occasions a few small trials with a couple members of guild and it went well and omg was it funny.
Was getting it ready for our guild day celebrations when i can get it all together.

Abbadon

Cool, however, with a staffer's help we could make it global :P

Cpt_Starfox

There is already a PvP event called "the death maze" - sounds similar in some respects to what you are wanting.  I think there might be another event too, but I can't think of it off hand. There is also the place in Occlo that was set up some time back for PvPing and such. However, "player run" events might be cool too - such as scheduled guild battles and such. Still though, ya might wanna ask about some of the PvP events that already exist  :)

Myrick

There are already a few PvP events that are offered from time to time on the shard.

Craft and Conquer

Participants are split into two teams and sent to special rooms were various things such as mining spots, trees, forges, looms and farm animal spawns and periodical reagent spawns, there is also a box that contains things like various spell books. You and you team have 30 minutes to gather resources and then craft whatever armour, weapons and provisions you will need in combat.

Once the timer is up gates are moved into the special area, You must enter the gate upon command of the hosting staff member or risk being disqualified from the event. Once in or around the main battle area you have 30 minutes to either wipe out the opposing team or establish a clear dominance of the castle. Last team standing or the dominating team is declared winner, winning team gets the prize.

Capture the Flag

Players are split into 2 or 3 teams and must battle to kill the enemy leader and claim the flag he carries. Being the captain is not for the easily surprised or unprepared, your life is going to be on the line, no hiding and always being targeted for death. If the opposing team/s hold an enemy flag for two minutes within their headquaters they shall claim victory.

All each team is given is a warchest containing various different things such as spell books and so on, it as a life span on it and must be accessed before it is removed.

If a couple of groups want us to run these, get teams together and post to find a GM to run for you and agree on a time and all.

Rocks Silivan

Thing with pvp events done by staff is that they are never did only the usuals.

Cpt_Starfox

Yeah!  those be the other events I couldn't think of lol  :D  Thanks  ;)

Abbadon

Yeah we have all these events yet they aren't held :(

Cpt_Starfox

Time to put in some request and gather some ppl to participat  ;)  First gather the people that you can... then ask staff if they can host it.... then hope that even more join :D

Abbadon

All righty, well those who want a pvp event say aye!

Ill try get down a list of names of people who will want to come and get together a time. Post here or pm me Abaddon in-game and I will try come up with a time that is good for everyone

Thane ir'Wyndan

I cry foul on the never done.  I many many times try and do "other" events and either no one shows up or only a few show up and then cry when they die.  So I go back to the "usual" events that people actually show up to do.

Time is a healer, time is a stealer, time is an angel, time is a devil that burns.
http://s7.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=91111

Abbadon

Well Thane Ill try get together those of us that do not cry, but laugh when we die hehe. Also not everyone has to fight and die lol, some can watch.

Cpt_Starfox

I'm up for death... might as well be! I can't seem to escape it anyway lol - even if I don't go hunting, I gotta watch out for Caelan... I'm probly still on his list... and various other mischievous gm's notorious lists of doom heh.