Restore Plant Resources!

Started by rubycona, September 19, 2007, 12:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rubycona

I just recently learned something about this shard that appalled me. The orange petals don't work!

Orange petals are a resource gained from 4th generation plants, which means, at bare minimum 36 days of constant, every single day effort to gain the thing. Normally more than that, I typically run my plants on a 17 day schedule instead of a 9 day schedule, meaning for me, it would take 68 days to get. No easy feat! And at that, for every plant raised, you only get 8 petals. Each plant, from seedling to final resource produced, takes a ton of potions to raise. With my 56 plants growing now, I've gone through 6 completely full kegs of greater strength potions, 1 full keg of greater poison potions, 3/4 keg of greater cure potions, and 1/4 keg of greater heal potions. That costs thousands in regs alone!

My point is, orange petals are difficult to get. As are the other resources.

Orange petals, though, are supposed to give Complete immunity to poison for 5 minutes. This is just something you'd have on hand for special circumstances. As long as it takes to get the seeds in the first place, this doesn't seem unreasonable. Plant raising on other shards is actually beneficial, this being the only resource with high demand. Here? Just for show, it seems.

Yeah, the red leaf seals ink in books, and the green thorn summons creatures. The vorpal bunny is nice, good loot. On that note, even the giant ice worm, a nice tamable, is gone, too! Only way to get it is with a green thorn, but it doesn't exist on this shard.

It really seems that on this shard, planting has been nerfed to just decorative purposes. Not much testing has been done, however, you can now get poisoned with orange petals in your system. It just seems you take a bit less damage from poison attacks. A temporary boost to one of your resists is nothing in comparison to immunity to poison... let me take the damage, if I could but heal!

My wish is that the plant system were returned to the way it was supposed to be. Or, if you don't like poison immunity for some reason, maybe edit the plant system to produce other resources, or edit the orange petals to have a different really nice property. Or something. Something to make planting, a long and tedious and expensive process, worth more than mere decoration.

Having just spent nearly 2 weeks in effort to gather and plant the necessary seeds for the resources, just to suddenly discover that those resources have been nerfed... is... depressing. I'll keep raising them and gathering resources, but I do hope that they shall be returned to their intended design. Or otherwise returned to being worthwhile, in whatever fashion the Skygods choose.

Thane ir'Wyndan

Actually orange petals were never meant to make you immune to poison they were and I quote "to make one more resistant to the detrimental effects of poison".  Take that for what ye will.   ;)

Time is a healer, time is a stealer, time is an angel, time is a devil that burns.
http://s7.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=91111

seterwind

**Applauds Thane and his answer** That was very quick consise and excelent answer to the question.

rubycona

If you mean by that statement that the creaters of this shard decided to reinterpret the effect of the orange leaves, then fine, that's ok. Your choice, obviously, whether or not I like it :P

However, if you speak to the original or ongoing interpretation/intention of the orange petals, then I must disagree.

Yes, they may call it "making you more resistant to the detrimental effects of poison," but it was coded to make you immune to lesser-greater poisons. After all, resisting spells simply makes you more resistant to certain spells... however, someone with say 120 resist spells is so resistant as to be completly imune to certain spells such as clumsy or weaken. Just because its called resisting doesn't mean it's not immunity.

On this site:  http://www.celticmoon.com/plants/uogresources.html a player invested in gardening keeps basically a journal detailed the very first introduction of the resources. At the bottom of the page you see the announcement that two resources have been added to the code (apparently green thorn hadn't been added yet). Later, you see how she talks about people posting on how they discover the resources. Finally, or first, since its at the top, you see how she details her trials on testing the orange petals and red leaves.

Orange petals, in the very first release of the resource, made you immune to poison, granted only lesser-greater, for 5 minutes. This was the original intent of the orange petals. This effect is still in place on OSI and other shards.

So again, if its just that you guys decided to reinterpret its meaning, then fine. But this interpretation is neither the original or current official interpretation.

Either way, regardless of the original/ongoing/whoevers intention/interpretation it is/was, ultimately... my wish is that the plant system be made into something truly useful again, above and beyond decoration.

Queen Karina

This isnt OSI or other  shards and it is working as intended

rubycona

Aye. But this is a wish list forum. I'm putting my wish for the plant system to be restored to normal or otherwise restored to worth-more-than-decoration. Thane's comment was ambiguous methinks, so I clarified the point. He either meant that this shard reinterpreted, or he meant that the official interpretation was such. So... that's why I clarified.

This is not a complaint... again, it's a wish list forum. And this is my wish.

Kydaer Shol

I have tested the orange petals and it helps at lower level like the spider.... I know on OSI it helped against larger MOBs but here it doesen't I think there is something that does help but I forget what hehe......

rubycona

fair enough :P

I shall search, I suppose :D