Pet Socketing & Potions

Started by TTG, November 11, 2007, 04:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTG

My first wish list is in hopes to make potions more useful:

Greater Strength - Greater Agility mainly

Could we extend the duration of these effects to 5 minutes or more?  Thus making it less of a hassle to take off weapon and use potions every 2 seconds or so it seems?

My second wish list is in hopes to make pet socketing more ideal in the strong monster world of sylvan heart:

Current Status of Socketing Pets:

Creature; +5 Max Damage  (hows this actually work?)
Creature; +32 Dex (With the custom dragons, +32 dex on any pet doesn't seem worth it)
Creature; + 5 All Resists (this does seem worth it)
Creature; +32 Str (With the custom dragons, +32 str on any pet doesn't seem worth it)
Creature; +32 Int  (With custom dragons, +32 int on any pet doesn't seem worth it)
Creature; +32 Armor (is this physical resist?)
Creature; +85 Hit Points (this does seem worth it)

My wish is that the dex, str and int, perhaps also armor and max damage all change to:

physical,fire,cold,poison,energy resist.

so if +5 to all resists = 25 total resist points perhaps, each of those can do +25 of a certain resist.

This way players are able to modify their pets better and create pets that are better at tanking certain damage types monsters.  It also makes it possible to have a favorite pet that isn't a dragon be decent.

Thanks for your time,

Ironhand

Predatory Beauty

How does socketing a pet work. I have tryed to socket pets for a few people and I always get told that Can not socket unless you own the animal. So would have to transfer the pet and then transfer back to the player who thus has to go though the bonding again?

(\___/)
( ='.'= )
( " )_( " )

Jager

Stormi

to socket a pet the owner has to transfer the pet to the person doing the sockets.  this means the person doing the sockets must have taming capable of handling that type pet.   The person doing the sockets also has to add whatever gems the owner wants placed on the pet.  after the socketing is done there is a small cool down time for the pet, and then the pet can be transferred back to the owner.  At this time the owner has to re-bond the pet, so the pet cannot be used for a week.  As for the suggestions, I dont think there is any need to change anything.  I have 2 dragons socketed now and both received increaased resists.  Using the gems I did, I was able to add +10 to all their resists, and this itself made the dragons alot more powerful.  What fun will it be to have a pet that can just walk all over everything in the game?  It would cause a huge unbalance ingame, first off, and there has to be some risk involved to make game play fun and exciting.  My dragons can take alot of things but there are also quite a few they cannot, and that is where the excitement lies.