Life at Sea

Started by uogamerofsh, November 17, 2007, 01:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of this idea. Outside of initial feasibility?

I like it!
Who you kidding?
Is the sun out, or am I staring into a lightbulb.....?

uogamerofsh

I had been thinking a bit about housing lately, and it occurred to me that it would be great if there were a semi-customized home which would consist of essentially a dragon ship, but it would have a sign, or perhaps a 4x10 custmoized house to look like a ship, with some of the sprites from the dragon ship, but it is specifically for the water.

I.E. Pirate RP, Viking RP, Seafaring adventurer RP, etc etc...

What do you all think???

Corsair Razion

I keep trying to RP a Pirate or maybe...I dunno. A Corsair? *Coughs*.

But no one else bloody sails, and the chances of finding someone else on the water are slim to none, especially on a shard this size. TOO MUCH WATER.

What we need is a new facet/area with PVP turned on, and a chain of small islands or the like, to establish our piratey bases and homes on.

That way we can raid eachother! Hurray for Raiding!

uogamerofsh

I like that idea, although, this shard seems to have almost too many facets, for the population limit.

Rather than a whole new facet, it would be a great idea, I believe, that if they took a section of the sea in Felucca, and made it like your idea, with the island string.  Perhaps the body of water between occlo, heading north east toward the west side of trinsic.

Lets get the ball rolling here, I want some serious constructive thoughts, suggestions,  and responses to these ideas.

Corsair Razion

The lack of recalling in Fel would make it worthless, though.

I hate going to fel, because I have a shared computer. So if I'm on a fel hunt, and someone else needs the computer, I literally have to just drop whatever I'm doing and LOG OUT in FEL!

I think a section of ocean in trammel with PVP turned on would be better.

Predatory Beauty

hehe I have a really good design for an 18x18 plot thats a ship. Its possible to get your plot, place it near the water or something or get the VS"s to have a house placed in the water on a plot, then just add water tiles over the foundation *giggles* just my thought.

(\___/)
( ='.'= )
( " )_( " )

Forest Rithik

Doesn't Tawny have a houseboat design on Ice Isle, could always stop by it and get some ideas the get one placed near to a coastline or on water (via donation..etc) then you'll have your anchored boat :-)

Kydaer Shol

true she does have one, also about the whole fel idea......  you can save and get some tram stones now.... that gives a gate to trammel instantly....... save up and get a boatload of them *laughs*.......sorry for the pun........ anyways there were no fast trips in the 1800's or for a pirate for that matter...... it is kind of the idea we were trying for when we created Fel try to get us back to the roleplaying and having to roam the land. What good is it to have all the land in the game, if we do not use it? Just a thought *hugs*

Corsair Razion

Well I personally dislike the idea of losing 600k worth of armour because my sister has to check her bloody myspace. But y'know. Maybe that's just me. :P

Seriously. A chain of house-able islands with PVP turned on would be AMAZING.

And perhaps, even have treasure chests on each island that the players keep their loot in, at which point we could all sail down the coastline and raid the crap out of them. xD

Cpt_Starfox

RPing a pirate hehe... *falls into a daze remembering the past*

Back in the day... hehe... I would pull my boat up next to another boat and turn my boat 180 degrees. When I did that my boat would go through the other boat... and whoever it passed through on the other boat would end up on my boat, and off I'd go sailing away as fast I as I could!  We pirates would very litterally kidnap people right off their boats! LOL  We had a game once where someone played princess, and we kidnapped her back and forth from each other.  That was some of the most fun I can ever remember having on a boat  ;D  In some ways I wish boats were still glitched like that hehe  :)

Anywho... more on subject... wouldn't Tonoko area be good?  You can recall and PVP hehe  ;)
Not sure about housing able islands... but you can have houses placed via donations/VS   :)  And some of those smaller tiny little deserted islands around Tonoko would be great for buried treasure if there isn't already treasure on them.