Stacking

Started by yatici, June 11, 2010, 02:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yatici

Does Immolating Weapon Stack with Consecrate Weapon?
The same question for Divine Fury and Reaper Form?

Thane ir'Wyndan

Unsure, give it a go and let us know your findings.   ;D

Time is a healer, time is a stealer, time is an angel, time is a devil that burns.
http://s7.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=91111

Foray

I would assume that Divine Fury and Reaper form would stack if your specifically on about the SSI increase, but they would only stack up to a combined total of about 60 SSI (This is the number for everything you have that directly lends or augments/boons SSI property, DF, RF, SSI on gear). Also remember there is a swing cap of about 1.23 seconds meaning some weapons will have little reason for you to go so high on SSI especially when your actively using refresh pots and/or Divine Fury.

For example a Tessen with 50 SSI will swing at 1.23 seconds even with only 10 stamina, while even with 50 SSI and 100 stamina a Warhammer will only swing once every 2 seconds there abouts. There is only one possible (I say possible as I don't know the answer) reason to overstack SSI and that is to counteract some ML and additional monster/ boss special abilities (a couple of things out there slow swing speed with special ability) so perhaps overstacking SSI will help counteract this much like overstacking in DCI counteracted HLD/DF penalty.

As far as Immolate weapon, I was under the impression that this particular ability gave the weapon a temporary enchant that worked like a weakened version of hit fireball, though I could be mistaken. I see no reason why they wouldn't stack as to my understanding Consecrate changes the weapons damage type to mirror the opponents weakest resistance while Immolating Weapon is adding something akin to a Hit spell to the weapon.