Craft and Conquer Event!

Started by Abbadon, February 02, 2009, 07:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abbadon

Ok I've gone and made a list of people who would like a "craft and conquer" event - there may be more added to the list later, but I believe it could be a decent turnout (maybe we can start having an event every week/2 weeks with a set time, but we'll leave that to another discussion ^^):

Those that are coming:
-Misty Waters
-Link
-Fer
-Isabis
-Serenity/Marrisa (not 100% confirmed yet. but she will try)
-Berak
-Christina
-And Myself

Those that will probably come but haven't asked yet (might be more, I just cant think of them off the top of my head):
-Thorn Nightshade/Mina
-Samiam
-Biki Tarber

As of now, I am trying to set the time to be at around Friday evening - but as it is now, it could be anywhere from 5-8pm. I am doing my best to set it at a comfortable time for everyone - and for the majority will be [I can't make the time perfect sorry. This is unrealistic and near impossible :(].

I am also requesting Thane to be the host of this event, since he has tried in the past but no one showed up (hopefully the time works for him too). I believe the people on this list will make it to the event to the best of their abilities, and hopefully we can have a fun filled weekend!

Thanks

P.S. Those that I haven't asked who wish to attend please say so! The more the merrier.

P.S.S Would the staffers allow me to put something up for the Sylvan town criers to say for this event? (After I've set the time and date in stone)

Thane ir'Wyndan

Town criers can be rented for 10k gold per 30 minutes I believe is the price, I would have to check this to reconfirm it though.  However if it is a staff held event we would place the message for free.

If you want Thane to host this event it would have to be either Thursday evening or Saturday evening, Thane works on Friday.   :P

As for set event times.. we tried this route too.  We had a scheduled event everyday except 1 I believe and well.. no one showed up.  There were also events held at other times but the scheduled ones didn't pan out.  I will talk to the staff we got now (there have been some shake ups recently) and see about getting a new revised schedule in there.

Time is a healer, time is a stealer, time is an angel, time is a devil that burns.
http://s7.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=91111

Abbadon

Hmm Thursday maybe - I was also thinking Saturday at first, however since the RP event is going on at that time, I dont know if it will be possible (but I will try and ask around, and see what works. It all depends on how long the RP event will go for).

I think rather than a set time for events, we should keep it flexible, but probably something like on the weekends would be good for most (doesn't matter for me Im still on holiday for another month mwahahaha). What we could do at the end of each weekend event is to talk to everyone who attended and find out if they would be interested in joining the next week's event. If so, then set a time, variable to each person's schedule.

Or we can have posts like this one on the forums where people can say what time is good for them and from there we can try to make it work for everyone.

Cpt_Starfox

Thursday evening or Sat evening after the RP both sound ok with me. I hope I am able to attend :) I'm sorry I did not make it to many of the scheduled ones before (I remember we did have a schedule of events at one point recently and I thank staff for doing such a thing), but I hope I can make it to this planned one and that it pans out well into many more planned events for us.

Thane, you've done a marvelous job running the Lakeshire Guild RP at a scheduled time :) perhaps we can pull off something similar with these events  ;)

Thanks to Abbadon and to staff on this and here's hoping for a great turn out :)

Abbadon

Right now Im thinking maybe....... If we can pull back the RP event to be earlier (maybe an hour or two, hopefully wont make much of a difference), the people from the RP event will join us in the "craft and conquer." I know quite a lot of the RPers are on the list above so it might be very convenient for us.... However the one way this can back fire would be if the RP event takes too long like it did last week :P

*Continues to torture his brain into coming up with a solution*

Rocks Silivan

Abbadon

Ahh Rocks, I forgot to ask you hehe, interested in coming?