Help please

Started by felipe maia, November 20, 2007, 03:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

felipe maia

Hello, I'm a very old player (like a year and a half) that hasn't been able to play for a while. Now I got some motivation and just finished downloading Uo through uoml site. So I thought all would be fine, I did all the necessary to log in, but instead of installing uo ml, the setup I downloaded was for age of shadows :(. It's the one on the uoml site, so I thought it would be uoml, but it isn't.
So when I change the client to the sylvan one, it doesn't work, I get the message "Ultima Online does not appear to be installed correctly... blah blah blah". Anyone can help me either by saying what to do to make it work as is or where to download the real Mondais Legacy setup?

Thanks in advance.

Flint

Try the torrent sites and maybe samuari empire instaed of the newest.
Flint the Dwarf
Raist
Tanis

Saxos

You can play using Razor to connect.
Just place the game files to your game folder and copy ip and port to razor and you are ready to go.

felipe maia

Can I? Which client will work? The version I have of UO is 6.0.10, unfortunately, that's the current distribution of the uoml site.
I can login, but the client will crash 10 seconds after.

Saxos

Well what I did was:
Downloaded UO:ML and downloaded razor.
Installed UO and razor
Downloaded files from Sylvan Heart and extracted them into UO directory
I copied ip and port to razor and i was able to play.

Admin Acacia

I don't use Razor, never have, but I do know here you must use an older version of Razor for it to work.

Never be less than your dreams.

Saxos

I got newest version of razor and everything works perfectly.

Kydaer Shol

hmmm I think when I got the latest it did for awhile then all of sudden something got confused in the files when I opened one of my chat programs and it went all screwy

felipe maia

According to the RunUO site, the new client is not supported, so you can only use clients as high as 5.0.6.
I managed to download the game from http://www.download.com/Ultima-Online-Mondain-s-Legacy-client/3000-7541_4-10432238.html
Please update the link on the getting started Acacia

Admin Acacia

Mina

Quote from: Saxos on November 21, 2007, 06:15:03 PM
Well what I did was:
Downloaded UO:ML and downloaded razor.
Installed UO and razor
Downloaded files from Sylvan Heart and extracted them into UO directory
I copied ip and port to razor and i was able to play.

Absolutely spot on man...  i have been away for a few weeks and when i tried to download gateway..guess what?...its not there..i figured there was not much chance of getting to play anymore..but read forums anyways...and i followed what morsax said he did..i have latest version of razor..latest version of the dot net thingy...and now i is back baby...  acacia  i think you should make this the new thing seeing as gateway is now all gone away..and its quite easy to do( i am stunned stupid when it comes to pc stuff and managed  lol)

Admin Acacia

But you tell me you aren't seeing the colors properly, and some other things aren't right.    We recommend you use ConnectUO if you don't have Gateway installed.   We are not recommending you use Razor to connect.  If you do, don't page staff telling us stuff isn't right.

Marlenus

Yea, I wouldn't use razor to connect.

These days, now that UOGateway is gone. The best thing to do is use ConnectUO + Razor with ConnectUO being your main method for connecting and having ConnectUO run Razor when you connect to a shard.

Here is why..

#1. UOGateway is gone (actually it hasn't been updated in years anyway).

#2. ConnectUO is still here and it is still getting updates somewhat regularly.

#3. ConnectUO hasn't yet been updated to break the newest client encryption but Razor has, so if you have ConnectUO run Razor when you are connecting to a shard, those of you who have patched up to OSI will be able to connect to all of the other free shards that don't use old client.exe files (with their old encryption) in their patches like we do.
The shovel does not actually hit the ground or the stone or the cave floor.. nor does the fishing pole hit the water. There is no spoon.. *puts on Matrix sunglasses*

Mina

;)  done all the above...but still not getting custom patches for saome reason

Marlenus

Good good.

I think we may need to repack our patches. I talked with Acacia and she sent the message off to Alder.
The shovel does not actually hit the ground or the stone or the cave floor.. nor does the fishing pole hit the water. There is no spoon.. *puts on Matrix sunglasses*