Beware OSI's latest patch!

Started by Marlenus, December 08, 2006, 08:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlenus

This is in regards to a post I found today on the RunUO forums.

http://www.runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77487

Looks like OSI released a patch that stops UOGateway from disabling encryption and so if you install this patch, you won't be able to connect to SH.

Beware!

P.S. This also causes problems with ConnectUO.
The shovel does not actually hit the ground or the stone or the cave floor.. nor does the fishing pole hit the water. There is no spoon.. *puts on Matrix sunglasses*

Admin Acacia

When did this patch come out?  I was on my OSI account yesterday, and SH today.

Never be less than your dreams.

Marlenus

Earliest post that I saw was yesterday evening. There is a fix that some shard admins have been using that allows RunUO to use the encrypted client. This should not affect SH as we are currently using an older client.
The shovel does not actually hit the ground or the stone or the cave floor.. nor does the fishing pole hit the water. There is no spoon.. *puts on Matrix sunglasses*

Marlenus

UPDATE!

The ConnectUO team has corrected the problem with ConnectUO. Unfortunately, MrFixit has not bee around much lately and so who knows when UOGateway will have a fix for this issue.

misstressd

strange I have the patch too and got in just fine too,. crosses fingers....

Marlenus

Connecting to SH will not be affected due to our older client version that everyone has to use anyway.. So no worries here. :)