Changes to Yard Regulations

Started by Admin Acacia, March 13, 2007, 10:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin Acacia

We love our roleplayers, and one of our attempts to add to your role playing enjoyment was to allow each account to have 5 houses so the role play characters could have a place of their own to live.    This has not worked out the way we planned, and in some cases, we are just getting huge compounds set up with a player having a large area with all 5 of their houses gathered around them.

We are gaining new citizens arriving at our shores every day.  Now, we do have plenty of room for housing yet, so that is no concern.  The concern has to do with in game item count.  And toward that end of getting a handle on the item count, some changes are being made to yards.

Each account is still allowed the 5 houses per account, but, from the time of this posting,  the account will only be allowed TWO (2) yards. You will not be able to have a yard for every house you own, so you will need to choose where to place it.

A yard will be allowed a maximum of 4 trees.  The yard may have markers placed, instead of a full fence.  We would also like to encourage any player with full fences to page and have those reduced to attractive boundary markers.   We are also going to restrict the number of additional placed tiles in a yard.  Staff is still working this one out.

Players with current houses and yards to not have to remove them, but may if they wish and will be reimbursed for the cost of the yard and the items in it.  As I said earlier, we will also redo your fencing into markers that would look nice, if you wish.

We greatly encourage you to use resource boxes, tool boxes, gem storage boxes, seed storage boxes to help with in game item count.  The prices on these items have been greatly reduced.  Crafters, please use those nifty BOD books for your bulk order deeds.   They work for tailoring or smithing. We would like to encourage you to do frequent house cleaning  and help us keep our item count at a managable level.

Be watching for other suggestions to help with in game item count.

Never be less than your dreams.

Cearbhalyn

I would suggest a scroll chest to hold scrolls ( there are 64 normal, 16 necro, and 16 druid spells, as well as blank scrolls, empty bod,empty runebooks, and empty spellbooks that could all go in one...thats 100 possible items that could be contained in it and would reduce item count), and food larders to hold all the various foods (cherries, plums, apples, oranges, pears, limes, lemons, cocoa, sugar, honey, raw meat, cooked meat, raw fish, etc.....at least 50 differant foods, and probably many more (if you want Ill count them up to give a solid number)

I know that these are wish list area items( and I did suggest them there long ago), but I felt that they were appropiate to bring up here becuase of the large impact they would make on the item count. Anyway :)...ramble over hehe have a good one
I may not agree with you, I may argue and completely disagree with you. However, I will support and fight for your right to state your views and opinions. It is only through the exchange of ideas that learning, and growth are achieved. Arguments and debates are opportunities for growth.