Looking for people who will let me draw their characters :)

Started by Aderyn, July 12, 2007, 05:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aderyn

Hi, all! Some of you know I draw, and that I do a lot of going to conventions (mostly anime conventions, even though most of my artwork is fantasy art that is just influenced by anime) to promote and sell my artwork. I've come to find that most people who ask for commissions at these conventions want drawings of their original characters. I find that the process of drawing someone else's character is different from how I go about drawing my own characters. In addition to getting more practice, I'd like to put together a small portfolio of drawings I've done of other people's characters to show prospective customers as examples.

So, what I am offering are free drawings of anyone's characters to anyone who wants one. Doesn't need to be your UO character, just any character you have that you would like drawn (a couple of my friends are having me draw their WoW and MUD characters). You get a free drawing. I get practice and a portfolio piece. They will likely be done in ink, pencil, and marker, and I'll even mail the original to you after scanning it.

I can't make promises on a time-frame, since I am perpetually a woman of a million projects, but I assure anyone who gets a request in will eventually get the drawing. Just reply here or via PM.

If anyone wants examples of my work so far, follow the DeviantArt link in my signature. Thanks for reading, all! Hope to hear from some of you! :)

Kauri

Ooo, I'd be keen for a drawing of me if you're able.

Would you need a screenshot of the paperdoll or will you go by description?

Aderyn

Either or both. Honestly, the more resources I have, the better the drawing I can produce :)

Aesa

Ooooh! Pick me! Pick me!  I loved having my character drawn by Mirage.  She did such a great job.  I'd love to see it in another style, too!

Iggy

toddp0168

Count me in too.  Can never see enough of myself drawn well.  hehe

todd0168

I would love to see an actual artist rendition of my character.  I would love for you to take my paperdoll and give it your vision on paper.  Just let me know when the best time is to come around so you can capture my paperdoll.

8)

Arwynor Azura

Oh could you draw one of my characters? I'll send a screenshot soon.  ;D

Kydaer Shol

lelola

Tat sounds like so muc fun.  I will send you a pm in your inbox wit some pics.  Good luck and TY for te opportunity to all of your friends.  it is a very special treat.

Enelya

Aderyn

Ooooh! Yay! So many replies!! I've already started on sketches Kauri and Aesa (usually I try to work in the order the replies are received, but an idea for Aesa's popped into my head so I had to sketch it before it ran away)! I will hopefully have at least a couple of them done in the next few days, as I head out for one of the aforementioned conventions next week :)

I'll try to catch you folks in-game to get screencaps of paperdolls and get any other details you want included.

Aesa, I'm glad you volunteered (pink is my favorite color, tee-hee!) but I hope you aren't expecting my work to rival Mirage's. Her work makes me feel completely inadequate. Heheh.

Mina

8)   if i am not too late,   would you be able to do  one of Mina,   she is my fav character and to have her pic would be awesome.   

Madeline

Me, too!  That would be soooo awesome!  I'd love to have a picture of Amavin.  I'll show you her in-game, and just fyi, Amavin means "beautiful storm."  YAY!

Aderyn

Not too late at all! If I get to the point where the requests are too many and too overwhelming, I'll post and say so :)

Though I am sorry to confess that the first batch of drawings may come later than expected. I had hoped to have a couple of them done by now, but preparations for the coming weekend's convention have not gone as smoothly as I'd hoped (among other things, I had to pronounce my printer officially dead last night, which shouldn't surprise me since it's been on its last legs for a couple years now and I've just been beating it into submission to get it to work all that time, hehe).

So, it might be another week before I start posting character art, but it'll happen! Thanks all for your patience :D