Idiot Sightings

Started by Admin Acacia, August 12, 2008, 07:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin Acacia

IDIOT SIGHTING:

We had to have the garage door repaired. The Sears repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener. I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one Sears made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said, 'Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower.' I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4. He said, 'NO, it's not.' Four is larger than two..'     

We haven't used Sears repair since.

IDIOT SIGHTING:

My daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-out window and I gave the clerk a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her a quarter. She said, 'you gave me too much money.' I said, 'Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar bill back.'  She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request. I did so, and he handed me back the quarter, and said we are sorry but they could not do that kind of thing' The clerk then proceeded to give me back $1 and 75 cents in change.

Do not confuse the clerks at McD's.

IDIOT SIGHTING:

I live in a semi rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road. The reason: 'Too many deer are being hit by cars out here!   I don't think this is a good place for  them to be crossing anymore.'

From Kingman , KS .

IDIOT SIGHTING IN FOOD SERVICE:

My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for 'minimal lettuce..' He said he was sorry, but they only had iceburg lettuce.

From Kansas City

IDIOT SIGHTING:

I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, 'Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?' To which I replied, 'If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?' He smiled knowingly and nodded,
  'That's why we ask.'

Happened in Birmingham , Ala.

IDIOT SIGHTING:

The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine. She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, 'What on earth are blind people doing driving?!'

She was a probation officer in Wichita , KS 

IDIOT SIGHTING:

At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker. She was leaving the company due to 'downsizing.' Our manager commented cheerfully, 'This is fun We should do this more often.' Not another word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights stare.

This was a lunch at Texas Instruments.

IDIOT SIGHTING:

I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the sake of her life, couldn't understand why her system would not turn on.

A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriffs office, no less.

IDIOT SIGHTING:

When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it.. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the drivers side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. 'Hey,' I announced to the technician, 'its open!' His reply, 'I know. I already got that side.'

This was at the Ford dealership in Canton , Mississippi

STAY ALERT!

They walk and drive among us... And the scary part is that they VOTE and they  REPRODUCE

Never be less than your dreams.

Thane ir'Wyndan

And people wonder why I am afraid to leave my house.   :o

Time is a healer, time is a stealer, time is an angel, time is a devil that burns.
http://s7.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=91111

KukoShaku

a long pinty stick is all i need to keep em at bay. Care to buy one Thane? only 3 easy payments of $25.99!! and if you buy within th next 30min i'll throw in another even pointier stick for free!  :)

Thane ir'Wyndan

Better way to stay safe.. tell them you hide a 10 dollar bill in the corner and then slap them in a round room and run.

Time is a healer, time is a stealer, time is an angel, time is a devil that burns.
http://s7.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=91111

Mina

;)put em all in a rounded room and tell em to sit in de corner  hehehe

KukoShaku

i don't know... a friend suggested this before... take the safety and warning lables off of things and let the problem sort itself out  ;D

Admin Acacia

I  think I like that idea.  I'm amazed the things they have warning labels on anymore.   Do they think we are all morons, or are they wanting to protect morons for the next generation?

KukoShaku

I think it's to protect themselves from being sued by the idiots using those items. It's easy to say no one warned me that if i listen to music at 200dB i'd go deaf. This one's real too.. some guy tried to sue Apple iPod for "making" him go deaf. His argument was that there was only a small print warning on the manual about not listening to music too loudly as it can damage your hearing.

I don't know about the rest... but i sometimes feel like things are too PC and all law wrapped. Like giving someone a good kicking when they deserve it  :)  or chase them with a stick... ah the good ol days... *drifts off*

Admin Acacia

Ever hear of something called the Darwin Awards?  Those are priceless.   

KukoShaku

Yes! hehehe a friend of mine has several books   :P

I like the one about the lady that went on a safari and wanted to take a picture of a lioness and her cubs. She then noticed that one of the cubs was all on its own. So she went over to the cub, pick it up and took it over to the lioness. The lioness was so thrilled to see her cub returned that she leaped at the woman to give her hugs and kisses.

Cpt_Starfox

tawny

Just a few of my favorites,

People pulling up through a drive-thru and at the end of their order saying it is "to go".... duh?

A woman down in Kentucky told me the fountain pop was out due to the cto.....uh would that be like the co2?

A customer paying for gasoline gives me a 20 and a 10. Afterwards, gives me another 20 and asks for two 10's..... hello, why not give me the two 20's in the first place? See Acacia sometimes it is not just the clerks hehe......

Tanth

As humans we need to reinstate Dawinism and survival of the fittest.  I think if we could purge out the idiots and cut the population easily by half then we would be much better for it,

Admin Acacia

I really believe we have waaaaaaay too many Warning Labels on items. That would be one way to purge some of the idiots.   I mean, geeze, I want hot coffee when I order hot coffee.  Why would I not realize I'm getting hot coffee in that little paper cup?  Oh, but they have to warn me I'm getting hot coffee in that little paper cup.

Tanth

only because if your stupid enough to pour it all over your crotch you can sue mcdonalds for 40mil that was the president.