Connection worries

Started by KukoShaku, June 29, 2008, 10:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KukoShaku

Hello, I've just recently made my come back to UO and Sylvan. My old computer died a horrible, horrible death taking several technicians' lives with it. Now on my new one, i installed UO Mondain's Legacy. I noticed UOGateway has fallen over and ConnectUO seems to as well (at least for me anyway... i keep getting the 404 error). I managed to find razor, though after poking it around a bit it too seems to have failed me. It loads, the uo sign-in screen loads, i enter everything in, hit enter, and it sits there on the account verification screen. Is there something i'm not doing? or doing too much of? Is there another way to connect that i don't know of yet?

Thank you!  :)

Tal Lothian

Tanth has run into many problems but overcame them and made a handy dandy guide. I have a copy of UO Gateway if you need it. The 404 error on Connect UO is explained in here too.

http://www.sylvandreams.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=3657.0

KukoShaku

Yeah, i may have to beg for that gateway copy you have  :P  I got ConnectUO and set it up like it said in the link... though i still get the same result. It justs sits there on the account verification screen. Hmmm.... any other ideas?

KukoShaku

YES!! back in the game!! I think it was because i was over patched... i am at 5.0.9 now. I was about 6.0.(something)

Thanks for your help anyway  :D

KukoShaku

I'm in at the moment, but my graphics are all funky like and somethings are missing. I am using razor to login, ConnectUO doen't like me...   :(  If anyone still has UOGateway, would you mind sharing?

Admin Acacia

A link to Gateway is posted here in the forums.  Check this link

http://www.sylvandreams.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=2963.0

Never be less than your dreams.

Tanth

I think im patched at 4.0 at the present  makes for some intersting graphics like the Bow instead of flower boxes.

KukoShaku

Thank you, i got Gateway and everything is working fine  :-)  I am patched to 6.0.0 and I'm pretty sure everything is the way it is supposed to be. For one, daemons are now redish-orange rather than pitch-black  :-)  hehehe

Quote from: Tanth on July 01, 2008, 03:05:42 AM
I think I'm patched at 4.0 at the present makes for some intersting graphics like the Bow instead of flower boxes.

Yeah, i had that a little while back (before my long absence), kinda made me wonder if there was a mistake of somekind  :P

Thane ir'Wyndan

You can patch fully with OSI and still play on Sylvan Heart with no problems.

Time is a healer, time is a stealer, time is an angel, time is a devil that burns.
http://s7.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=91111

tomb

hi ll i use ml and uo gateway patched up to 5.0.5c anything above that and it wont let me sign on so not sure if this helps but i get most of the graphics though.  hope this helps.

KukoShaku

i know i can patch upto about 6.0.3. after that it kicks and screems at me   :-\
could it be something to do with out computers maybe? becaus ei know i didn't have that problem on my old one

Marlenus

When OSI entered into the 6.0.0.0 patches they separated the Felucca and Trammel maps into two different mul files. Previous to this they were both located within one mul file. SH uses an older client.exe file which recognizes the old map file which contains both maps. It is unwise to patch into the 6.0.0.0 range. It can cause client crashes or not allow you to sign in at all.
The shovel does not actually hit the ground or the stone or the cave floor.. nor does the fishing pole hit the water. There is no spoon.. *puts on Matrix sunglasses*

KukoShaku

Ah, thanks!  :D  That explains a lot. I'm sitting on 6.0.0 at the moment and it's working fine   :)

Thanks guys (and girls)  ;D