efectiveness of weapons

Started by tomb, July 09, 2008, 03:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomb

just a quick question   ive noticed that the weapon i made worked very well up until about a week ago was wondering if there has been changes to the scripting that would affect the hit chance and strength of hiits on the monsters?

Caelan

As we currently have no scriptor, I think I can safely say that no scripting changes have been made. Weapon effectiveness could be altered by changes you've made to armor or the weapon itself (i.e. socketting it and then using a bugged rune on it) etc... You've not really given enough information to pinpoint what might be causing any changes you're experiencing, so hard to tell what's going on.

tomb

thaynk you the weapon in question ive had for 3 months and it was socketed less than a week after i made it . not that that matters i was aware that we dont have a scripter was just askin to see if it was my perception or if others had noticed similar problems .  thank you for your responce

Caelan

I have not heard, or experienced myself, any changes to any weapon effectiveness personally. Things would also depend on what you are battling and where, if you have altered your skills, or things of that nature. Sorry I'm not more helpful on the subject, but the possibilites are endless without more information.

Marlenus

There has been no changes to scripting for any kinds of weapons or anything else that would have any effect on combat.
The shovel does not actually hit the ground or the stone or the cave floor.. nor does the fishing pole hit the water. There is no spoon.. *puts on Matrix sunglasses*

Garrick

Did you change the augment's in your weapon? If so that drastically changes how effective it is. Also weapons of all varieties wind up being more or less effective based on YOUR stat's as well as the monster's stats and difficulty. I hope that helps

Admin Acacia

Also, be sure to keep the weapon repaired.  If alll else fails, chalk it up to this whacky thing we call Randomness.   Sometimes it works - sometimes it doesn't.   

Never be less than your dreams.

Thane ir'Wyndan

RNG, she is a harsh mistress.   :-[

Time is a healer, time is a stealer, time is an angel, time is a devil that burns.
http://s7.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=91111

tomb

thank you oh great ones like lady acacia said it was probly the randomness   again thank you the input  sylvan rocks

Cpt_Starfox

Still, not a alot of detail... what weapon type is it?  In what way has it lost effectivness?

Like Garrick said... it can depend on your stats... like your strength, but also including your skills.  Skills such as anatomy and tactics can affect the effectivness of your weapons. Lumberjacking as well can have a great effect for axes. Of course your basic combat skills affect things.  Also, Chivialry can help greatly increase the effectivness of a weapon.  Beyond  that, make sure you've eaten and drank plenty - yup, keep yourself healthy lol!  Also, as Acacia has stated, keep your weapon repaired.  You can let it get to 1 point of durability if you want to (and are daring... I'd say maybe 5-10-20 depending)... but try not to let it hit 0, or you risk losing your weapon!  :o

Also... remember (as I'm sure you know) your weapon can be greatly affective against one monster type and much less effective against another due to varying monster resist and other things like slayer effects on your weapon.

Aside from any of that... yup maybe just randomness LOL

tomb

ty kind one as it turns out the durablity was around 100  i was hungry and the lich i was battling had cast multiple spells on me   all together it made me miss more than i was useto  hehe  got him killed  went back a couple days later and didnt have any problems that time   i think the randomness had something to do with it too  thank you all for your input it is all greatly appreciated.

Marlenus

Just so everyone knows (and some may dispute this).. Hunger and Thirst do not have any effect on any skills or combat in the game. You fight as well when you're down to 1 hunger point left as when you're at 20 hunger points. You succeed at skills just as well when you're at 1 thirst point as when you're at 20 thirst points.

(There's no code in game that checks your hunger/thirst when you perform any actions in game except for eating/drinking, which refills your hunger/thirst level or when you're starving and loose mana, stamina, or hitpoints.)
The shovel does not actually hit the ground or the stone or the cave floor.. nor does the fishing pole hit the water. There is no spoon.. *puts on Matrix sunglasses*

tomb

ty oh geat one i really didnt know that i thought it all worked one each other    ive always been afraid to do battle full  for fear of diein  ty again  i got lots of good info from this