Reducing NPC For Sale Items

Started by Admin Acacia, August 14, 2008, 07:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin Acacia

This has been thought about and discussed around in various circles for a long time.  I'm opening it up for further comments.    I would like to greatly reduce or even remove items that are available to buy from NPC vendors.   Like a new hat from the tailor NPC, cooked chicken leg from the Innkeeper, a buckler from the blacksmith.   This is an attempt to make player crafters more a part of the life on Sylvan.  There will be some tool items still available like for stone working and glass blowing, and tool kits to help the tinker out.

Never be less than your dreams.

Teclis

I like this idea. I feel that any player craftable goods should be removed from vendors. I would expand this list to include armor and weapons and carpentry items and bows and arrows and even scrolls and spellbooks.

Admin Acacia

Those items will be included... I was just mentiong a couple of things for example.

Also, I would like to have "Market Days", where we have tables set around and players can sell their wares just like you would find someone selling their wares along a city street.   

Stroem Safai

I like this idea alot it would deffinatly make crafters more usefull on the shard and also help with conteractions between all players

Kalif

i like both ideas very much. will cause more player interaction. and more use for the crafter

Lamalas Telemnar

2 BIG Thumbs up from me would love to see a total player ran economy.

Cidran Falastion

I also think this is a fantastic idea.

"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught."

Baba Dioum

Mina

i think this is a brilll idead,  anything that a crafter can make should be sold by the crafters and only them...weee....

tomb

i agree with all its a great idea on both

Admin Acacia

I believe we will do this and it will be a great thing for the crafters of the world.  It will take a bit of time (we all have real lives to deal with,) but I'll let you know when the changes go in.

If you go to Trinsic near the fire columns are, you will see several plots.  This is going to be the Merchants of Sylvan live market area.  I will establish a guild there for the Merchants of Sylvan.  I ask the players to be able to place their crafter they want on the guild stone.  The area will be set up so that Players can be there, in person, to sell their wares; crafted items, clothing and armor; resources like ingots and lumber; food; whatever else their paid NPC vendor would sell.   We will try and get some regular times set up when the most of the crafters can be there to sell, but any crafter at any time can be there.  You are welcome and encouraged to have any of your transactions take place there.   I will place a moongate in Magincia that will take players to the area.
Details are still being finalized, so feel free to continue making comments.

KukoShaku

Hmmm... I was wondering... why not get rid of them from the towns except for 1 town. Then in that 1 town raise the price on those items to make it harder to buy. Could help with the player interaction part, but still keep those items within reach for those who play odd hours, and when there's no player crafter in sight.

What do you think?

Admin Acacia

That is an interesting thought.  I don't know if we could do it like that in the scripts, though. Hmmmm  Will have to think about you odd hour players.  *laughs*

KukoShaku

Aye, thank you :) Were you thinking about deleting the NPCs that sell those items or just the items on NPCs?

maybe put in a "special" NPC in (any town, but for argument's sake lets say) Britain. Then have that NPC just deal in those deleted items... call him the Black Market Guy Joe or something like that. He could then sell those items for a LOT more than you normally would buy them from NPCs and players alike.  :)

Whatcha think?  I'm not sure how hard it will be script (given i haven't seen UO script at all), So we can leave it as a suggestion  :D  hehehe

Admin Acacia

We weren't going to delete the vendors, just the items they sell.  REMEMBER... the vendor portals to player vendors will still be there and active.  I'm sure players will keep necessary items stocked on their player vendors.

Thane ir'Wyndan

Personally I like the idea of Black Market Joe, it gives me idears.

Time is a healer, time is a stealer, time is an angel, time is a devil that burns.
http://s7.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=91111