Stealable Cloth

Started by Ponch16, August 30, 2009, 02:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch16

Sometimes when I run into a tailor shop i see some really cool hued cloth id like to maybe one day see some of it stealable not like 100 yards of it at a time maybe a few folded pieces say 5 or a bolt of 25. Be a cool way to bring back some of the old hues of the months and maybe even some random colors we dont see everyday.
If it won't work hit it with a hammer.....If that doesn't work....hit it with a BIGGER hammer... - Pablo Enesow

Serenity

Wow, what a really interesting idea. I like it alot.

Thane ir'Wyndan

*Wonders if he can make this work, goes to abuse the spawners to obey.*   :-X

Time is a healer, time is a stealer, time is an angel, time is a devil that burns.
http://s7.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=91111

Moxy

This would be an excellent way to breath life into the Thief class.  For the longest time being a thief in uo was pretty much pointless.  I know now there is the dungeon stuff you can steal but hey, not everybody that wants to play a thief wants to run around dungeons all the time. 

Thane ir'Wyndan

Thinks he might have a work around..

Time is a healer, time is a stealer, time is an angel, time is a devil that burns.
http://s7.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=91111

Woede

Well, to get one item hued a "special" hue is at least 10,000 atones or 2 items for one VS. If there's a stack of 5, that's easily 1 item, if there's a bolt of 25 lying around, that's somewhere between 1 and 7 items, depending upon the item.

So, if the GM's are ok with an items with an equivalent worth of 3.5VS lying around to be stolen, this idea is ok.

Lukien

depends, on how hard you make it to get to, like some places you have to either sneak through or fight through monsters to get to the item

Moxy

I like the idea of having to sneak to get to it. Has there been any progress on your work around Thane?

Pok

You could make it criminal offense and that could be your risk? Maybe even steal from the tailors themselves.
"The jaws of power are always open to devour, and her arm is always stretched out, if possible, to destroy the freedom of thinking, speaking, and writing" ~John Adams