Paging - PLEASE READ

Started by Garrick, October 07, 2012, 09:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garrick

Hello Sylvanites!

I would like to post a few guidelines about paging.  We know you want to get problems fixed and pixelated goodness added to your collection but we must ask that a few things be observed to make the process easier on us.

1) Please page from the location you need help.  I.E. If you need deco page from the Deco Mall, not your house or the Meadow.

2) Please do not move after placing a page.  Sometimes it takes us a little bit to get the time to handle a page.

3) While we are there, we may need to disappear to get items or location info. Please refrain from moving too far or trying to follow unless we ask you to.

4) Do not page for other people.  Unless they are a young child or we had a crash and they died before logging back on they are capable of paging on their own.

5) Please avoid the favored phrase "Is there a GM on?" We are likely not to answer and if we do, we may only do so to tell you to page to find out.

NEW 6) Please let us know what the page is.  You don't need to type out a thesis but a simple "I need items from the Deco Mall" or "I am stuck at <location>" will do.  It helps us to understand what you need and start the process of helping before we get there.  It also gives us time to look up the information for handling the page if it is a problem we are unfamiliar with.

Thank you all for reading and understanding this request.

Festus

durring my playing time (5am central time us) there is rarely staff on.  If i page for help  with something staying in one spot is a bit problematic.  I understand I can refrain from paging until later but often i may forget what it was.  However, having said that I should ask if there is any way to determin if staff is on other than paging and waiting to get or not get the "no staff is available" message.

Garrick

A nifty built in trick I found to determine if a staff member is on: When you first log in there is a player count.  If you use [c and hit enter you'll get the list of players that are on. If the number when you sign in is higher than the player list someone is on. They may be busy however, so patience (especially at 5a.m.) may be required.  You can also write your page down in a book to remind yourself later if you do have to wait until later.

Iris

I would like to add to this is to please dont go afk while waiting on a page , if you see you need to go do something then cancel your page and repage when you get back,  thank you for your time ,