Player commands

Started by Jager, October 24, 2006, 03:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jager

There have been lots of players asking recently about certian commands, and how to use them, so I thought I would compile a list of ones I know and share them:

For looting purposes:
[grab                -This is the basic loot command that will take everything off of corpses within a certian radius of your character.
[grab bag          -This command allows you to set a spare bag in your pack as the destination of the loot gathered in the [grab command.
[grab options   -This command allows you to select what items you want looted off of corpses.
[harvest            -This command allows you to set a spare bag in your pack for all ore/logs/farming pharaphenelia to be placed in.

For sorting loot:
[moveitems       -This allows you to select an item in your lootbag and move all like items to a different bag that has to be on the ground.
[moveitems exact-This allows you to select an item of a specific type and move it to a different bag that has to be on the ground.                       
[sort gems        -This command will remove all gems from your lootbag and place them in a different bag that you select.
[sort regs         -This command will remove all reagents from your lootbag and place them in a different bag that you select.
[sort scrolls       -This command will remove all scrolls from your lootbag and place them in a different bag that you select.
[sort weapons  -This command will remove all weapons from your lootbag and place them in a different bag that you select.
[sort armors     -This command will remove all armor items from your lootbag and place them in a different bag that you select.
[sort wands      -This command will remove all wands from your lootbag and place them in a different bag that you select.
[sort augments -This command will remove all augments from your lootbag and place them in a different bag that you select.
[sort hides        -This command will remove all hides from your lootbag and place them in a different bag that you select.

[dump            -Will remove EVERYTHING from a bag that you select in your pack to a different container on the ground.

Stats indicators:
What Is My Status  -Will bring up a menu showing you your current Fame and Karma, How long you have been online so far, your total online play   time with that particular character.
[hunger or [thirst   -Will bring up a gump that shows you your current hunger and thirst levels.
[MyRewardInfo                -This well let you know your reward status and the items that you can select.

Speach:
[chat + (text here)            -Allows you to talk to all other players globally.
[c + (text here)                 -Allows you to talk to all other players globally.
[chatOptions                     -Will bring up a gump that will let you change the color of other's [c speach.
[g + (text here)                 -If you are a member of a guild, this will allow you to talk to any other guild member if they are online.
/ + spacebar + (text here)   -If you are in a party, you can talk to the other members of the party specifical.
! + spacebar + (text here)   -Will cause you to yell your text (can be seen from several screens away).
; + spacebar + (text here)   -Will cause you to whisper your text( can only be seen by other characters within 2 tiles of your character)
: + spacebar + (text here)   -Will turn everything you type into an emote.
[emenu                             -Will bring up a menue of all the avaliable emotes that have sounds for them.

Miscelanious:
[atone                    - Used to claim the corpses that you kill, and to get atones(used to get cool items).
[bandself                           - Is a build in command that will heal you using the healing skill if you have bandaids in your pack.
[band                               -Is similar to [bandself, but brings up a targeting cursor to bandage a third party.
[PetSpeak + (text here)      -Will allow you to make your pets say whatever you type in, others can read this like normal.
Silence                              -Will shut your pet up if you are getting tired of it talking to you all the time, repeating it will turn back on.
[point                               -Will give you a targeting cursor that you can use to point at other objects.
[regs                                -Brings up a menue that shows you the current amoing of reagents that you are currently carrying on your person.
[where                             -Will sometimes show you where you are at in the UO world. It also gives coordinates to your location.
[bod                                -Will tell you how long till you can recieve another smith or tailor bod.
[checkbondage                 -Will tell you if you have begun bonding your pet, or if you have how long you still need to wait till it is bonded.
[afk + (text here)              -Will let you notify others around you that you are AFK, and the text will allow you to leave a reason why or for how long.
[flip                                 -Is a nifty command that will change the orientation of an object, though the deco tool does this it is still handy if you are not in your house.
-ping                                -Will ping the server so that you can determine your latency to the server. (usefull for testing for lag)

Vendors:
claim                                -Will bring give you as many pets from your stable as you can hold at one time.
claim list                           -Will bring up a gump allowing you to select which specific pets to ring out.
bank                                -Will open your bank box if you are near a banker or a bank stone.
vendor buy                       -Will bring up the buy menu of a vendor that you are standing next to.
vendor sell                        -Will bring up the sell menue of a vendor that you are standing next to.
balance and saldo     -Will inform you(and everyone on the screen with you) the amount of loose gold in yout bank account.
withdraw and sacar  -will withdraw a specific amount of gold out of your bank account. You specify the number after the keyword.

If anyone has any additions please pm me and i will amend this list. I am hoping this will become a sticky. Please do not reply to this post

Jager

Valius

Aren't these player commands listed on the frontpage of the website?

Admin Acacia

We do have a lot of information in the forums that are also in the website.... but it's hard enough to get players to look at a forum, let alone a website.  *laughs*

Never be less than your dreams.

Cearbhalyn

you forgot [moveitems exact which moves the exact type of item instead of all of that general type...for instance...[moveitems and target a breastplate....this will move ALL armour, but [moveitems exact will only move that type of breastplate.
I may not agree with you, I may argue and completely disagree with you. However, I will support and fight for your right to state your views and opinions. It is only through the exchange of ideas that learning, and growth are achieved. Arguments and debates are opportunities for growth.

Alder Ogham

and [sort augments and [sort hides :-)

Cidran Falastion

Wonderful list, even with a few missing things. It's nice that you took the time to write those up.

"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught."

Baba Dioum

Rhatoqtrax

Aye, thanks for the effort, this list will be handy.

Maybe it even is a basis for the website, since it's rather incomplete there.

P.S.: A minor typo occured, it should be "[grab options" I assume

Rhatoqtrax

Oh, I just wondered if it wouldn't be good to add that you might not be able to sort stuff directly into your ressource boxes. At least last time I tried it didn't work but went forever-gone into the actual box and not into the ressource counters. So, at least last time I tried, this will still be needed to get done manually aka via Razor's drag&drop.

Crimson

I don't think it is recommended to [sort or [dump items into the resource boxes. I have heard that it has caused alot of problems in the past and may actually crash the shard. I don't think there have been any changes to resource boxes that would allow this, so I wouldn't even attempt to see if it works until one of our staff verifies that it has been changed.

"Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps."
Emo Philips.

Admin Acacia

[MyRewardInfo  This well let you know your reward status and the items you can select from.

You may need to open your journal to be able to read it all.

Admin Acacia

If you have a chatty pet and it's driving you crazy, you can make it be quiet by saying--  silence.    If you wish it to talk to you again, just say--  silence -- again.

Cidran Falastion

Also, along with [bandself there is [band which brings up a targeting cursor in case you need to bandage someone else or a pet.

"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught."

Baba Dioum

Kydaer Shol

wonderful that this was here as I think most come here to read more than the forums .......*good job and cheers*

Valius

Quotebalance and saldo     -Will inform you(and everyone on the screen with you) the amount of loose gold in yout bank account.
withdraw and sacar  -will withdraw a specific amount of gold out of your bank account. You specify the number after the keyword.

The alternative text there is the spanish version of balance and withdraw. ASAIK you can say "bank" "balance" or "withdraw" in your own language to get teh same effects

neohaven

One thing I always found useful was the ability to craft into a bag, instead of the main backpack. It doesn't seem to be present here. Any chance it might be implemented in the future?