Spiral staircases

Started by Malik, October 25, 2012, 07:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malik

I've seen people build spiral staircases before and have tried to do it here and it doesn't work.... The odd thing is that in trammel if you try to delete part of the stair the whole thing gets deleted and in Malas you can create the spiral staircase but you cannot commit the design. I would just think it would be cool to redesign my castle with some split stairs and spiral stairs.

Jharnul

You can buy those stairs at the Home Deco and have it placed by a GM, I believe.
j

Malik

Ah really hehe, well I might just have to check that out.
Thank you

Malik

i didn't see them there. maybe i just missed them

Jharnul

Well I am not entirely sure of that, I must admit.
The stairs I was referring to are on the top floor of Home Deco, and are purchased piece by piece.
They are meant for your yard, I think, but I assumed it was possible to place them in a house.
j

Garrick

To the best of my knowledge, and yes I just looked, we do not have the spiral staircase for sale in the mall.  As to adding them into a house through the customization menu I have no clue what to answer with as I am not a fan of building houses.  you may want to get with one of the decorators on shard.  The three that pop to mind are Guin, Ventesa, and Katt.  If anyone can tell you for certain if it can be done it's one of them.  Maybell might know too, she's been around a long time and seems to have a good amount of information built up in her head.

Malik

Alrighty will do :) thanks for all the input. I know how to create them in the building customization menu thingy, and I was successful in Malas but I just couldn't commit the design. I'll ask them if there is a way to make them or not. If it comes up no it will be a real wish hehe, building is one of my favourite parts of the game... not the best decorator tho lol. 

Cypress

Jharnul is correct. We have stair pieces which can be bought in the decor mall and used.

Malik

Awesome Cypress Ill keep that in mind the for the next time I redesign my castle :), you know I will one day... soon lol

creampuff

I did an L-shaped staircase on the old/new shard and it worked for me. I know I had problems as well and I think it had to do with the tiles under the stairs (it's been a while and can't remember fully). I can point you to some guides I used if you don't have one already.

Malik

I just bought them at the deco mall :). Made a T-shaped one and a spiral one at Castle Ferguson. Take the Ingot emporium tile at the event center if you want to check it out. but i used the guides and they didn't work... in trammel the entire staircase gets deleted and in Malas it wont commit... its really weird lol. but there built and look great.