Am Week Old Person! *points to self proudly* Lol

Started by Deva Raven, July 04, 2013, 09:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deva Raven

Hehe just a joke. Don't worry I won't name all my posts that.

So this is a question for any of those who are very familiar with the actual game mechanics for this shard. I know that magic was scripted to be a little different from the information shown on UOStratics so I need someone (possibly a staffer) who knows or understand the scripts to answer the following for me if they can...

On UOStratics it says Inscription when maxed will affect the amount of damage a mage deals as well their focus. Does this apply to here?

Does Anatomy AND Tactics impact Wrestling?

And finally, does Anatomy affect Healing here? Does it affect Veterinary?

Thanks guys! I am trying to make sense between to the two sites and I just want to be sure since I know this place was set up a tiny bit differently.

Garrick

Inscription does affect magery.  I know Cypress personally did updates recently to that system.

Anatomy and Tactics should improve ANY melee skill

Anatomy affects healing unless I remember wrong and does not affect vet, vet should rely only on vet skill level. 

be careful when using Stratics for info concernign our shard as they are more in line with the paid shards and free shards that kept up with the official updates.

Deva Raven

Festus

Quote from: Deva Raven on July 05, 2013, 05:16:35 AM
Thank you!
a quick question if ya will.  I know that inscription has a very large impact on magery but does evaluate intelligence also have an impact as traditionally it does?  if so what is the impact of eval int on magery and if not then what is that skill good for on this shard.  I have a bard mage with 120 eval and he is pretty much worthless on offensive skills.  I realize it is because of 0 inscript but should I just leave eval to go down as inscript goes up? 

Garrick

Cypress will have to give the exact bonus values for inscription and eval int. but yes eval int does add to magery damage.

Deva Raven

Hi again all!

Posting here because it is related to the original post done in this thread. I need someone with a real understanding of the game mechanics specifically for this shard, possibly someone who works with the scripts. I appreciate your time!

So I am dreaming up what skills I will use one day in the far distant future when I get to complete Deva by getting her the extra 300 skill points. I have swapped out her wrestling for macefighting as sometime soon I hope to get her Druid staff which she will be wielding all the time.

My goal is for her to have enough "hand to hand" or ... close quarter fighting ability to be able to deflect or block blows in case something gets past her pets. I know many go with peacemaking but I'd like to give this a try.

I am assuming macefighting plays a part in it.  ;D Now what other skill do I need to be able to deflect or block? I am not so concerned with how much damage I do or how fast I hit... I want to be sure I can block as effectively as possible. I thought parry but I was told I need parry AND Bushido? Do I need either really if I don't care about my damage output or will macefighting be all I need? I want to block as much as possible!

Thanks in advance for any help that can be given to me!

Garrick

If you're looking to block you need Parry, but if you aren't using a shield then Bushido is your friend.

Parrying is used to completely block melee blows or archery shots from opponents. In usual practice you must equip a Shield in order to parry - Which type doesn't make a difference (unless the item has an additionally listed Defense Chance Increase bonus).
If you fail to parry, a shield offers no protection aside from any Item Properties it might have displayed (such as Resistances).
As a character gains in Parry as well as Bushido, the system changes somewhat: Your chance to block with a shield falls, and instead you gain the ability to parry with a sword or other melee weapon. An additional bonus is granted if the weapon is double handed.
This skill also counts towards your ability to perform Special Moves.

Deva Raven

I'm sorry part of that went over my head.

So your saying I need bushido even if I use my druid staff which is two handed?

Cypress

There are two ways to parry.

One is the normal way using the parry skill and a shield.
The second uses both the parry skill and the bushido skill with no shield.

If you use a shield with the second method, your chances for parry will actually go down. If you use a 1-handed weapon with this second method, your chances to parry are ok. If you use a 2-hand weapon, your chances for parry are better.

Bushido has extra spells and abilities that you can use which are nice. The old shield and parry method is nice because you have the extra shield item which can have properties on it that can also help you.

Festus

Quote from: Cypress on July 12, 2013, 02:29:55 PM
There are two ways to parry.

One is the normal way using the parry skill and a shield.
The second uses both the parry skill and the bushido skill with no shield.

If you use a shield with the second method, your chances for parry will actually go down. If you use a 1-handed weapon with this second method, your chances to parry are ok. If you use a 2-hand weapon, your chances for parry are better.

Bushido has extra spells and abilities that you can use which are nice. The old shield and parry method is nice because you have the extra shield item which can have properties on it that can also help you.
hmmm,,, this brings up a question in my mind.  We are all interested in the ability to (not be hit by mele) deflect mele attacks. Sooo, Does the parry with shield (old school) work  as well as Evasion and or Confidence when attempting to block damage from attacks?

Garrick

If you are using the sword and shield method and are NOT using bushido, meaning having zero skill, then it will be an effective way of blocking melee attacks only.  Evasion has the benefit of: "Increases your chance to parry, also grants the ability to parry direct damage attacks from other sources, such as spells and Dragons Breath. Evasion can only be used once every 20 seconds. The chance to block is based on Bushido, Anatomy, and Tactics. The duration of Evasion is also influenced by these skills."

Using a shield without bushido will not allow you to block Dragon Breath and the few spells Evasion protects from (I don't know the list. Cypress and maybe Alaric will have more input on that list than me) but having DCI (defend chance increase) on items will help your parry chance percentages.