Rune Request

Started by riain, August 05, 2013, 09:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riain

So, looking at the rune augments... I was really happy to see Gift of Health for my warrior.  I still can't wait to get it RIGHT to try it out.  XD  It got me to thinking though... We have that for fighters, but what about a Gift of Mana for the magi that would trigger on spell cast to give us some mana back?  *kitten eyes*  Or is that the Mind Drain?  Mind Drain sounds more like Mana Vampire then Gift of Health's restoration.  There's not really much of a description as to what the Runes do...

Garrick

I don't know if anyone ever really tested the runes......  Alaric would know about it since he was here the longest and Cy would be able to research and test it better than me since he can pull up the script itself and see what it should do vs what it actually does.

I do like the idea of the new rune for mages as well if the drain one doesn't do what you are seeking.

Festus

Quote from: Garrick on August 05, 2013, 10:36:55 PM
I don't know if anyone ever really tested the runes......  Alaric would know about it since he was here the longest and Cy would be able to research and test it better than me since he can pull up the script itself and see what it should do vs what it actually does.

I do like the idea of the new rune for mages as well if the drain one doesn't do what you are seeking.
Interesting discussion.

riain

Hrm... well... if nobody has really tested them, I think I might soon.  I got some pieces extra of "of the elements" which already have 3 sockets for the runes.  I will "try" to start testing a few of them after I finish mining Valorite and will report my findings once I can.

Cypress

riain

Oh thank goodness there WAS a rune chart somewhere.  Just realized the runes are weapons/shields, so the armors wouldn't work.  XD  After looking at all you linked there, nope.  :(  Not was I was looking for.  Was thinking "Gift of Health" proc'd, but it is a usage skill.  It restores hp, similar to bandages only without bandaging.  It's also not a leech, so it's not determined by the target's remaining hp or damage done to the target.  It's a very nicer restore skill than I expected.  What I was thinking, is a similar rune for Mana that could go into shields/weapons like it.  A "Gift of Spirit" so-to-speak.  Mana Vampire is nice, but compared to the cost/reward... the cap really hurts it.  It also is dependent on the targets Mana.  Like Leech-Mana and Leech-Health, if the target ain't got it, you don't get it.  Whereas "Gift of Health" doesn't require that (or bandages for that matter).  A rune like that one for tanks, but for Magi.  That's the request.  Something that isn't dependent on the target having the Mana.  BIG thanks for the finding the rune-explanation thread though!

Cypress

The cap shouldn't hurt it that badly. It is still basically like free mana at that level if I'm not mistaken (not counting regs). However, the monster's mana or lack thereof is a factor that can make it not as useful.