Razor Cant Connect to Server

Started by will parrish, August 28, 2013, 11:58:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

will parrish

Maybe it is just my pc I thought but when I tried to log on razor cannot connect to server. I tried logging into an old server I played and successfully did to check make sure want me.

Cypress

I just got in fine. Let me know if you're still having trouble.

Festus

Quote from: will parrish on August 28, 2013, 11:58:24 AM
Maybe it is just my pc I thought but when I tried to log on razor cannot connect to server. I tried logging into an old server I played and successfully did to check make sure want me.
will be sure your razor is set for sylvan.  Server and Data Directory and port

will parrish

will parrish

keeps telling me the server address could not be resolved...go figure. have not changed anything since I started on shard. logged on same way everytime

will parrish

Okay I am baffled. I can connect to every other server on earth but sylvan for some reason. Im confused and turning off pc bah

Festus

Quote from: will parrish on August 28, 2013, 03:10:14 PM
Okay I am baffled. I can connect to every other server on earth but sylvan for some reason. Im confused and turning off pc bah
CHECK ONE MORE TIME:
uo DATA DIRECTORY POINTING TO SYLVAN FOLDER
Server: sylvanheart.net
Port: 2593
check mark in patch client encryption
if that doesn't work I duno my friend.  hmmm I duno

Alaric McCree

have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Razor?
Sometimes the dragon wins, that's why there is such a shortage of white knights.

Cypress

Make absolutely sure there are no spaces at the beginning or ending of the address or port number. You might not have changed anything yourself, but who knows what might have caused it.

will parrish

Did all that. I even tried using Assist Uo and can not connect using that either....I give up

Festus

Quote from: Cypress on August 28, 2013, 05:50:48 PM
Make absolutely sure there are no spaces at the beginning or ending of the address or port number. You might not have changed anything yourself, but who knows what might have caused it.
Someone needs to get with him.  He did uo assist, new install of razor and complete sylvan install and still gets the same message.  "bad server address". big red X then the details are "the server address you entered cannot be resolved."  Sooo, We both went over all the Razor info he entered and its all correct.  He still gets the same cruddy message.

Cypress

A possible fix for future reference that worked in this case:

Go to:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\

Open the "host" file using notepad.

Put this on a line of its own:
98.183.39.237 sylvanheart.net

Save the file.

Note: If it will not let you save to that location, save it to your desktop as just "host" (not "host.txt" - if it saves as "host.txt" then rename it and take off the ".txt" part - You might have to tell windows to "Show file extensions of known file types" to be able to see the ".txt" if it is there.), then move it into that folder overwriting the "host" file that is in there.

Note: You may also be able to tell Razor to connect just using 98.183.39.237 as the address, but I don't know that I'd recommend it.

will parrish

Cypress is THE MAN!!!! BOOYAH......Thanks to all for your support. I was going into withdrawals of no Sylvan hehe   ;D