spent a lot of time reading history

Started by Festus, October 04, 2013, 08:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Festus

of the server issues and I wonder if this is when the probs started.  It seems there was weeks or more without issues then it seems to get worse as time goes by.  Now it seems the more people on the worse the lag gets then people start leaving do to unplayability then it starts to improve.
Not only is there lag but the isp drops clients.  What im saying is ya, its laggy then boom disconnect.  Not frozen for a bit then disconnect but Boooom gone.

I wonder if something here is the issue?

Our Host is moving this weekend so we will have to have a couple down times while he gets us moved. it will be down for about 30 minutes this evening about 9:30. then again later this weekend ill try to keep  everyone notified as we know more about times . thank you and sorry for the inconvenice (page 4 I think)

Llewellyn

Sooo......

I am not moving. Just wanted to nip that one in the bud (where did that come from??)

Yes, the connection to the shard has been completely terrible (understatement of the year) for the past... what? Month? I have spent countless hours on the phone with their customer service and they have been completely unhelpful. I am currently exploring other options and will hopefully have better news for you guys soon as I am actively working on this issue. I have two technicians supposedly coming out tomorrow to do a trace through my lines to see where the problem is.

Just as an aside: Hurricane Karen is bearing down on me at the moment so I am not sure what my up-time will be this weekend. I am currently working with a buddy who lives in a different area to be a back-up host so that in the event that Karen knocks out my power for a few days SH will continue on.

Llewellyn