since everyone started dropping out

Started by Festus, November 07, 2013, 08:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Festus

im assuming its not just me that was having lag of 10 to 20 seconds for a time then freezing up followed.  I did manage to escape from fel fire temple and get to the shore line and even jump on a carpet and sail a half screen out before completely freezing up.  Im guessing its not me but again something with the server or isp.  HELP ya;ll skygods.   Get er done again er  ill sick Si on ye wit es big raggity beard an all.

Cypress

If anyone notices this again, please take note of the exact time that it happens and post it here so that we can track down what is going on. Please also include the timezone of course ;)

"big raggity beard"  ROFLOL  :D

Festus

it began at 15:45 hrs military time good sire.   ;)

Knossos

And which part of the globe?...

How long does it last? The 20 seconds?

Festus

Quote from: Knossos on November 08, 2013, 12:39:05 AM
And which part of the globe?...

How long does it last? The 20 seconds?
I was in felucca on fire island at the temple.  I tried and finally did get an answer from another player in trammel that everyone was having freeze lag.  The lag/freezing started with just short freezing maybe a couple seconds then in a space of maybe 2 minutes went to 20 seconds or so then progressed to (for me and I don't know about others) a minute or longer of freeze then I could move a couple steps then freeze again.  Eventually I would be dropped and have to log back in with a very long time needed to "connect".

Knossos

What part of the real globe. 1545 EST? PST? CST? GMT?

Cypress

CST
--------------------
9:48-9:50 - lag d/c
9:55 - lag d/c
10:09 - d/c
10:15 - d/c
10:17-18 - lag d/c
10:31 - d/c
10:33
etc... so far continuing past 11:30 getting pretty bad around 12

It might just be me though because I think they may have messed up the internet at my work  :-\

Festus

Quote from: Cypress on November 08, 2013, 05:25:26 PM
CST
--------------------
9:48-9:50 - lag d/c
9:55 - lag d/c
10:09 - d/c
10:15 - d/c
10:17-18 - lag d/c
10:31 - d/c
10:33
etc... so far continuing past 11:30 getting pretty bad around 12

It might just be me though because I think they may have messed up the internet at my work  :-\
Not just you,,,,
6:39pm  disconnect.
there is no one on but me so im guessing they got ran off from the lag monster.

Dlaeby

7:45 pm EST, logged on twice and disconnected both times. I have no problem logging on, it's staying on that I am having trouble with.

Kimberly :(

Malik

I have been having the same issue. almost lost all my Crafters crafting quest items I've aquired... Didnt bother insuring it cause what sort of trouble would a crafter get into lol.

Cypress

Ok, I'm at home now and just got lag d/c about 7:14 CST and it is continuing like it was this afternoon... last about 2 mins then lag freeze d/c.

It's like it is just fine until all of a sudden it just freezes and boom d/c  :-\

Knossos

My router was all sorts of messed up today.  I was at work, but my wife couldn't even browse.

I've restarted the router and it appears to be functioning again.  It hasn't been rebooted for over 180 days so I guess this isn't too bad of a run.

Cypress

Ah, glad it was simple! Thanks again Knossos!