The Arrival of Chief Paroxymus

Started by Dolos, March 23, 2014, 09:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolos

Tales of toxic gasses and scratching in the night has lead you to explore the lost lands.  The green, stinging mist grows thicker as you approach a corpse of trees when, suddenly you hear the pleading of a poor wrench.
Please! Please! You must help me.

Monsters came in the night and sacked our village! They came with gapping maws, with fangs of crimson, and with claws as sharp as a knight's blade. They cut through our guard as if they were pigs at the slaughter. They then came to every door and stole away the women and children while they held the men helpless to stop it...

Those of us that survived the onslot awoke dazed, we rallied the remaining guard, and then with torches and weapons in hand we followed them back here... But, they were waiting for us, and everyone was slain before we could even get into the opening except for me. I to my shame hid while the others were torn limb from limb. Their screams still fill my ears...

I implore you adventurer. Please seek out the source of this evil and put an end to it! Kill the king so that our children will be freed from the shackles of this monster!

Please, help me.

The man still terrified refuses to accompany you into the bowels of horror. You leave him behind thinking him a coward and enter the pit of foul despair... In short order you realize that that man was justified in his fear as a horde of monsters and acid assaults you as you enter.

Festus

hmm sounds to me like this place could be hard on equipment.  *thinks on ways to combat this evil*

creampuff

Why do they always go after the women and children?  :-\

Cypress

Because they're bad guys and those are the helpless ones... except those like yourself heh.  :D

Dolos

That and the women can bear demon kin muhohahaha.

creampuff

Oh dear Dolos >.< I'm glad I carry a big ax

Dolos

I have added a extra quest key and quest door to the quest. if you have an old quest book that only has 2 items in it (the old Key and bank check) you will need to get a new quest book or you wont be able to open the gate to Paroxymus.