Co-owner limits

Started by Garrick, May 14, 2014, 03:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garrick

It was suggested tonight that the co-owner restriction may need some tweaking.  As most of us are aware you can be a co-owner for far more houses than you can own, but if you own your 5 houses you are unable to be a co-owner unless an admin works their magic on the player.  The suggestion is to remove that restriction when you have 5 houses, but I want to take it one step further (if possible) and make the co-owner limit 5 as well. 

This limit removal will allow our real estate guru's to work freely, guild/friend co habitation easier, and my board game less of a hassle as well.  If this isn't doable, so be it, but it's just something that was suggested tonight and I had been thinking about for a bit.

Talitha

I think its a good idea in the current player base.  I have to say that it would indeed be difficult "but doable" to leave as it is but why not make things a bit less hassle is possible?

will parrish

Interesting topic. Have not ever pondered this. Now I do like it for certain aspects as having someone deco your new home like for instance....Blossom who is an awesome deocrator. Had to throw that in there. I will ponder some more and then reply again.

Cypress

I think this was done in an attempt to prevent hoarding. However, I had forgotten that apparently if you only have 4 houses then your co-owning is unlimited I hear. If so, the restriction has been almost pointless for probably many years LOL.

I understand the idea on limits for co-owning, but when it comes to its affect on hoarding (which is the only real reason for it that I can think of right now), what can you hoard with unlimited co-owning that you can't hoard with 5 co-owned houses and 5 of your own? I mean, how much stuff do you really have? LOL

This probably calls for some more discussion, but I'd almost be inclined (though still not sure) to remove restrictions all together on co-owning.

Garrick

Well generally with co-owning it's for RL couples or decorators working on houses for another player (See Buttercup, Katt, and Guin).  I cannot think of any players aside from Ardin, Link, Maybell and maybe Rocks who has the sheer quantity of stuff to require hoarding across more than 5 homes.  I'm an in game hoarder myself so I understand the dilemma but it is worth looking at least removing the block against co-owning at 5 personal houses.  Even if it's only for one or two houses (preferably 2 for the boat race game =P) it would make decorators more able to work on multiple projects.

Foray

I don't see why we can't just remove or make the restriction something more flexible I mean we only have like 3 people who'd really be making use of it as most players are unwilling to give or receive co-owner status, the only time you'd have a issue is if you removed the cap on individual housing as I'd probably just end up taking over huge sections of whatever map I was on with my buildings though that would solve the housing issues that the Verminkin, Orcs and Lizzies face.

creampuff

As a deco addict, I vote for removing the ban because I keep adding on more deco projects. (It's too fun ^.^) But I can see that having a gm make us co-owner could keep us addicts in check  :P