Trojan decrypted client...

Started by Syl, May 21, 2015, 05:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syl

Greetings all!

Here's a insidious trouble, really troublin my game... Seems that the decrypted client's infected with a trojan.win32.generic (so said my kapersky antivirus), shuttin off my client when closin it, and I'm unable to make it start again... It happens from time to time, leavin me the time to play a lil bit, but havin to reinstall it, and reconfigure all inside..

The worse is that I can't get rid of it... The antivirus doesn't detect anythin till the crisis... Tried to download another installer, to the same effect.

Is it known??

Talitha

this is something I haven t heard of yet?  Maybe cypress has heard of it.  Im pretty sure our client is clean as I installed off the same client not to long ago.

Syl

That's weird, cause it do comes from your client... And all antivirus (kapersky, roguekiller, malawarebyte) can't detect it, until it strike, even buggin my operatin system... Thankfully, a restart suffice to reorder everything seemingly  normaly... But well..

Garrick

It is a false positive because it is a cracked version of the game changing a registry value.  A lot of anti viruses pick it up because it is making a change in the registry files for win32.

Syl

But, that's the version I downloaded from the Sylvan site, eh. And what do you mean about the change in registry and its antivirus? A common occurence? A way to get rid of it?

Cypress

He means that there is nothing to worry about because our anti-virus thinks it is a trojan, but it is not.

If you are still concerned about it, you can use the other version of the client and connect with Razor. You don't have to macro to use razor. You can use it just to connect if you want.

Syl

Ok... the trouble is mostly about havin to reinstall and reconfigure erverythin after the "crash"... I'm glad to hear that there's nothin really serious, and where's the other version? What are the differences?

Talitha

I guess I dont have an Issue because I always use razor to connect.  Razor connecting is simply one additional click prior to logging in.  I use razor because ................., hhhmmm i dont know why i started using it  but its just handy and it has all my 999999 macros in it from over the many years and so on.  No need to macro if yu use it but if it removes the issue then????

Syl

Sure.. 

I'll try with it now... :)