Vet Reward Question/Suggestion

Started by Festus, June 24, 2015, 07:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Festus

Yesterday I decided to claim a Vet Reward since the situation would be somewhat easier taken care of with an item I have had numerous times over the years on other shards.  I had a situation come up where I could claim a large amount of valuable ore but as it was so heavy I wondered what I should do.  Then I remembed that on the Vet Rewards List there was a portable forge.  So I logged off and back on and claimed it on Strong Arm Magee.  He is my Master Crafter and as such has a pack full of stuff all the time.  A portable forge would be very helpfull as he spends many hours collecting various resources including Ore's.  When I was finished with the Ore I was given I was going to put the forge in Magee's house but found it was "set unmovable" and would be stuck in my pack for the duration.  Always in the past this item was truely "portable" and could be removed from a pack or bag and either stored as a normal forge or kept in a secure location such as a bank or secure container.  My question is, did the staff intend for this item to be portable only in as much as it would follow me forever cloging up my pack viewable area or maybe this is a glitch that is easily fixed?  I hope to have a truely portable forge so that I have less (large) items in my pack.  My suggestion is that should someone claim a portable forge after being active for the required amount of time that the Properties can be set to "moveable" at the players request.  I'm pretty sure that this won't cause additional time requirement for staff as it is something that is relatively rare and can be accomplished pretty quickly.  Would the staff please discuss this and let me know the outcome.  Thanks much and as for Sylvan, as always its No.1.   An amazing shard and a place i can come daily and find new things, places to go and people who's company I can enjoy. 

Dolos

Don't quote me on this, because I'm not truly sure. My thought behind why they made it set to immoveable is so that it is locked to the player that gets it and that it cannot be sold to other players. if you need it moved in your bag i would be more than happy to do that for you tho.

Cypress

That is probably part of it Dolos, but we can still discuss it of course. *Goes to open a staff thread*

EnigmaMaitreya

Just my 2cps, I also thought it was locked down in place but then again .... my memory of these things were in boats, for boat mining.