[Downtime] Moving the server

Started by Llewellyn, June 26, 2015, 03:20:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Llewellyn

Greeting Sylvanites,

I hope everyone is doing well and really enjoying themselves as the summer heat hits those in the US.
Just wanted to give everyone an update on the server's location. I will be taking it down tomorrow for good...

(kidding, hah)

I will be taking it down though for at least a day's time. I just recently bought my first house (IRL) and will be moving everything over the weekend to my new digs.
My internet provider is scheduled to connect and test the internet at the new place starting at 1pm (CST) tomorrow the 27th.
As is my nature, I am thinking of you guys first so the very first thing in my new house will be the server and my modem/router/infrastructure/etc.
I am hoping to have as little downtime as possible, but (knowing IT) I always expect it to take longer than I think it should.
I will try and keep you updated if everything isn't working 100% by tomorrow evening, but I really hope this transition is fairly painless.
I have a lot of other crap to worry about with the whole move stuff.....   :(

I meant to give you all some more advance notice, but life is crazy atm.
Hope to have good news soon.

Llewellyn

P.S. Downtime "should" be from 10:30 am until ~6pm-ish (all CST)

abraxys

Thanks for the heads up, appreciated!
*May the stars guide you!*

Cypress

Thanks for the heads up and for all you do, and congratulations on the new place! That's awesome!  8)

Talitha

Llewellyn

Well,

That was surprisingly more painless than I had thought it would be.
Which means that something is about to fail spectacurally.

For now, however, everything should be up and running.
I still need to unpack my house and all the crap that deals with moving.
I will be checking back occasionally to these forums to see if anything is breaking.

Have fun guys.
Lewellyn