Auggies at the Transmutation Box

Started by Mirage, October 18, 2015, 01:07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirage

Was just thinking about it! Since the transmutation offers to be able to give you a 'rank up' on your runic kits, how about the same for auggies? # of those ancient diamonds makes a legendary! So forth, so on. Or maybe offer it as a gm assistant type thing (sorry for adding to your plates!)

Was just a thought! Wanted to share.

Foray

This sort of exists already, though the rates where massively nerfed many years ago. While I agreed with the fact the rates needed a nerf the amount they where nerfed by was in my opinion too much.

I might be mistaken with the exact figures but it's something like 70 ancients = 1 legendary, 50 Legendary = 1 Mythic.

The rates are so bad that people would rather trash or sell ancients to NPCs with the exception of rubies and emeralds than save them to build them up.

Mirage

Oh goodness. That is pretty bad. I would see maybe half being okay but I agree, that is far too much. Didn't know we had that though. Hmm.

Festus

Well since the drop rate for Mythics is RARE but they do drop eventually I think making them easy to trade for would be a mistake since then everyone would have them and the value of the Rare Mythic would drop considerably.  If you search my posts you will probably find me asking many questions about Mythic drops and I have asked numerous questions ingame.  What I have found is that no matter what over time farming mobs that drop gems and doing higher level treasure chests (more gems) increases your chance of drops.  I dont know if luck has  anything to do with the drops or not since even with very high luck my mythic drops are still very rare.  I have managed to trade and buy a few from players but most of what i have gotten has been when cleaning out my pack I find one there without really knowing where it came from.  hehe  so tbh i really dont even know where i get them with very few exceptions.

Foray

These days no one will trade certain very specific augments unless the person they are selling to doesn't realise or care that they are about to be ripped off because just about everyone and every class makes use of them out of sheer necessity so most will not trade them unless they get more back or they don't need them (only a handful of players in 11 years reach this point). Other less popular but equally rare augments are much cheaper and likely to attain in trades so value to rarity is a moot point.

As for drops, whatever can yield an ancient (excluding quests naturally) can yield legendary and Mythics in my experience. The rates are skewered so if you do get an augment it's almost guaranteed to be a lower/ weaker one (woods, runes, ancients, and 2-socket crystals as the rarest of the lowers).

Yes your 2000+ Luck is helping you more than you know.

Non of this however changes the fact that the current exchange rates for transmuting augments are terrible, there is not enough of a step up in power between the augments to justify it being this high when you can live in Fel quite comfortably with mostly ancients and a handful of legendary. What's even more hilarious is that it used to be higher, rates used to call for over close to double what it currently is.

30 Ancients to 1 Legendary
15 Legendary to 1 Mythic

^ That is really what it always should've been from the start and if it had been it would've never needed changing ever.

Also both myself and Mirage already know where to get augments, we likely both have Mythics older than most player's accounts here (Mine date almost entirely from 2006) and I wouldn't be at all surprised if most of the older accounts that have socketed characters can trace their own Mythics back to 2006/ 07 back when there was an existing pool of them because of the original rate. I know that when I gave up my stuff on my previous account in 2008 I had enough Legendary and a handful of Mythics left over from then...enough to socket several characters nicely.

Cypress

From what research I've done into scripts, I do believe pretty much anything that drops ancients can drop mythics.

We released a dreadful mob a bit back whose drop was a random mythic. Who knows, he may return one day or one like him hehe.

Mirage

While it is true that Mythics are Rare, as Festus said, I don't quite agree with changing the transmute quality would make a huge impact on how rare they are.  The way it is now, as high as it is, makes having Ancients almost pointless. At least with a rate like..say around what Foray suggested, would make ancients more desirable and not...well...food for the buy all. But as many as it takes now, yes, it is discouraging and they will end up just being tossed away. Almost want to say the same with legendary...

Anywho. Yes, Mythics are rare. Honestly don't see changing the rate on that making them any less rare. 30 is still a lot to to collect to make a single Legendary and if you think about it that is 450 (30*15) Ancients to make 1 Mythic of the same. While as the current rate it is 3,500 (70*50) of the same type to make 1 Mythic.

Ain't gunna lie. 3,500 even discourages me...And I collect all the shinies! (and horde them! mwhahah!)